Is this the right place for this?

Old August 26th 04, 10:13 PM
Dad

Default Is this the right place for this?

My '72 is tore apart and the dash is on the roof right now so I need a
little humor in my life.

The Red neck that installed the radio before I got it used a 2" screw to
re-install the drivers side kick panel. Screw not required because it missed
the metal and was screwed into the door wiring harness. Some time later the
windows quit working, will a dead short do that? Cleaned a taped the wires
and replaced the burnt out relay and all is well. Now all I need to do is
re-install the dash and the center consol.

My son has never ridden in it and we are going for a ride this weekend if we
can get him in it, he's up and around now and doing well.

You Might Be A Redneck Pilot If...

... your stall warning plays "Dixie."

... your cross-country flight plan uses flea markets as check points.

... you think sectionals charts should show trailer parks.

... you've ever used moonshine as avgas.

... you have mud flaps on your wheel pants.

... you think GPS stands for going perfectly straight.

... your toothpick keeps poking your mike.

... you constantly confuse Beechcraft with Beechnut.

... just before impact, you are heard saying, "Hey y'all, watch this!"

... you have a black airplane with a big #3 on the side.

... you've ever just taxied around the airport drinking beer.

... you use a Purina feed bag for a windsock.

... you fuel your Wizzbang 140 from a Mason jar.

... you wouldn't be caught dead flyin' a Grumman "Yankee."

... you refer to flying in formation as "We got ourselves a convoy!"

... there is a sign on the side of your aircraft advertising your
septic tank service.

... you are the owner of Red Neck Airlines and pilot of Redneck One.

... you subscribe to The Southern Aviator because of the soft paper!

... you have ever incorporated sheetrock into the repair of your
aircraft.

... you have ever responded to ATC with the phrase "That's a big
10-4!"

... you typically answer female controllers with titles like "Sugar"
or "Little darlin'."
If she responds with the words "Honey" or "Big guy" then she may be a
redneck.

... you have ever used a relief tube as a spittoon.

... you have ever tried to impress your girlfriend by buzzing her
doublewide.

... the preprinted portion of your weight and balance sheet contains
"Case of Bud."

... your go/no-go checklist includes the words "Skoal" or "Redman."
--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 26th 04, 10:23 PM
SAPguru

Dad wrote:
> you have a black airplane with a big #3 on the side.

Funny you should mention that! My GA lessons are almost complete, and I
took out an aircraft loan with MBNA (through AOPA of course) and have been
looking at some Piper Cherokee Sixes and Piper Lances. Haven't seen
anything that my FBO thought was worth buying yet, but when I get it I was
thinking of doing it in black with a #3 on the tail. :-)

Also looked at this, but this is a bit off the deep end, even if it's only
$100K or so.

http://www.controller.com/listings/f...&setype=1&nh=0

http://www.aviatorshotline.com/avsea...=1 9263_a.jpg

Old August 26th 04, 10:23 PM
SAPguru

Old August 26th 04, 10:46 PM
tdodge

"Dad" > wrote in message
> My '72 is tore apart and the dash is on the roof right now so I need a
> little humor in my life.

snip

"now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are"

Old August 26th 04, 10:46 PM
tdodge

Old August 27th 04, 12:12 AM
bad65

Dad,

It sounds like you are fed up with cars at the moment. Drop the auto repair
for the day and go for a fly. That will clear your head and get you in a
better mood.

Brian

Old August 27th 04, 12:12 AM
bad65

Old August 27th 04, 04:46 AM
Marty

Damned good advice Brian.

Old August 27th 04, 04:46 AM
Marty

Damned good advice Brian.

best place to sell a BMW Jay BMW 0 January 2nd 05 12:41 PM
Looking for a place to buy a 17in 3big bore 3 Hole Alloy wheel Duffy Alfa Romeo 4 September 7th 04 10:35 PM
Best place to buy Alfa 147 17" wheels (UK) Extra Alfa Romeo 0 April 27th 04 05:06 PM