Logitech G25 Pedals

Old August 29th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bart Westra

Default Logitech G25 Pedals

"Remco Moedt" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:19:25 -0400, "Larry" > wrote:
>
>>$300. October or November.

> 299 euro in The Netherlands, apparantly available from Sept 15

At which shop would that be?

Bart

Old August 30th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mls67

Larry wrote:
> $300. October or November.
>
> -Larry
>
> "John Smith" > wrote in message

>>> Well, let's for one moment assume it's not . What else do YOU think it
>>> could be ?

>> The one on the left is the left brake and the one in the middle is the
>> right brake!
>> They look sweet, any word on how much the wheel and pedals cost? When are
>> they going to be available?

Is that $300 for just the pedals, or the whole thing,,what's the wheel
look like?

Mike
mls67
Old August 30th 06, 10:21 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

mls67 wrote:
> Larry wrote:
>> $300. October or November.
>>

> Is that $300 for just the pedals, or the whole thing,,what's the wheel
> look like?

For the whole package, wheel, shifter and pedals.

Wheel and shifter pics below:

http://img.clubic.com/photo/00300908.jpg

http://img.clubic.com/photo/00300906.jpg

Looks pretty neat. The only issue seems to be that the majority of
buttons are on the shifter rather than the wheel (which has only a
couple) which seems a big change from the DFP, but then it is aiming to
be more realistic and not have console type controls.

I guess a bit depends on what you will use it for as modern steering
wheels are packed with controls. Should be perfectly matched for the
more retro stuff though - '79 mod for rFactor comes to mind!

It has the 900 degree rotation as per the DFP but is supposed to be
better engineered, smoother and quieter according to the blurb and
feedback from testers.

Cheers
Tony
Old August 30th 06, 11:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:17:40 +0200, "Bart Westra" >
wrote:

>"Remco Moedt" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:19:25 -0400, "Larry" > wrote:
>>
>>>$300. October or November.

>> 299 euro in The Netherlands, apparantly available from Sept 15

>At which shop would that be?

Dynabyte

Cheers!

Remco
Old August 30th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
rb21

Tony Rickard wrote:
> A picture of the G25 pedals outside of the casing he
>
> http://tinyurl.com/rnkw5
>
> Maybe not so good for the warranty but there could be some scope for
> cockpit builders looking for optimum pedal spacing?

Those pedals look great but what happens when those crap pots wear out
and Logitech won't sell replacements? My DFP pedels lasted less than 8
months! Why won't they go digital on the pedals also?

Old August 30th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Cowboy Bob

That wheel looks pretty nice. I like the shifter. Finally a controller
manufacturer that will produce "professional" quality wheels. My only
concerns is how easy will the pot replacement be... That's why I still
prefer homemade/custom wheels (Thomas Superwheel) over this. 300$ is
still steep if you to replace the whole wheel 6 months to 1 year down
the road due to failing pots...

In my early racing sim racing days, I went through 3 Thrustmaster Nascar
wheels (the cheaper 79$ sort).

P.S.

Old August 30th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

A question that has been asked a lot.

Logitech's response has been that they will NOT sell spare parts, but the
parts they are now using are industry standard and available from many
places, and they are supposed to be easy to replace.

-Larry

oups.com...

Old August 31st 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bart Westra

"Remco Moedt" <no@email> wrote in message
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:17:40 +0200, "Bart Westra" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Remco Moedt" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> 299 euro in The Netherlands, apparantly available from Sept 15

>>At which shop would that be?

> Dynabyte

Ah just around the corner

Thanks!

Old September 12th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chang Liu

rb21 wrote:
> Tony Rickard wrote:
>> A picture of the G25 pedals outside of the casing he
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/rnkw5
>>
>> Maybe not so good for the warranty but there could be some scope for
>> cockpit builders looking for optimum pedal spacing?

> Those pedals look great but what happens when those crap pots wear out
> and Logitech won't sell replacements? My DFP pedels lasted less than 8
> months! Why won't they go digital on the pedals also?

RMA it. Logitech is good with the RMA because I suspect they have have a
larger factory defect mean..
Old September 19th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chris Smit

http://www.4launch.nl available mid october for about 220 euro.