GTR: You must be kidding me

Old December 16th 05, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTR: You must be kidding me

"Steve Simpson" > wrote in message
> It's quite obviously a system issue, not a game issue. I suggest you seek
> help here.... www.gtr-game.com
>
> Your original post was quite poorly thought out by the way. Try to learn
> to investigate things thoroughly before typing...
>
> GTR isn't perfect but it's definitely up there with GPL. Better in some
> ways and not as good in other ways.

Hey, I'm trying to be just like you, but it's hard, ya know. I meant every
word in my first post.

Old December 17th 05, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

graycat wrote:
> I just tried the GTR v2 demo and man what a piece of junk! It would not load
> properly and when it did it would not calibrate my wheel. What I did manage
> to see looked like a very bad arcade game. As far as I can tell, GPL is
> STILL the best. What a disappointment.
> If I am missing something, someone please tell me. I have a great computer
> and I am no stranger to racing sims, so, if it's something that I am
> missing, please tell me. Thanks.

wow, i wish i could help you, but i dont know why you are having those
problems. it is no surprise at the declining state of the simulator
world with the completely snobbish replies you have gotten, though.
Old December 17th 05, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default You must be kidding me

> I just tried the GTR v2 demo
> ... dual core ...

Try turning off the dual core. This has caused problems with
some games. I don't know if there's a patch for GTR to run
with dual core cpus or not. I have a P4EE3.4GHZ with
hyperthreading enabled, and GTR runs just fine.

Here's a sample video:

http://jeffareid.net/gtr/gtrspa.wmv

Old December 17th 05, 07:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Is the Logitech a game port wheel?USB is better for WinXP
--

Steve H
. net...

Old December 17th 05, 08:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"straiton" > wrote in message
> Is the Logitech a game port wheel?USB is better for WinXP
> --
>
> Steve H
> "graycat" > wrote in message
> . net...
>> I just got through building my new computer, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core,
>> 4800 Toledo CPU. Asus A8N32-SLI-Deluxe. 2 gigs of OCR 4200 gold Ram. 2
>> Maxtor serial hard drives. This box kicks ass.
>> When I installed GTR, it kept locking up on me and I had to reboot twice.
>> Then it would not recognize my Logitech Formula Force wheel and so I
>> never really got started. I spent about 45 minutes trying to get it right
>> before I got ****ed off and just quit. This is not a good sign for a sim
>> that people are saying good things about.
>> So, if you have any ideas as to why it would not recognize my wheel, that
>> would be great. Then maybe I could give it a real go.
>> Anyone else have a problem with their Logitech FF wheel?

It's USB. It has worked very well in GPL for over 5 years.

Old December 17th 05, 10:38 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Andreas Davour" wrote in message...
>> <snip>

> I have tested the GTR demo, and it works fine with my Logitech
> MOMO wheel. It felt a bit twisty and a bit "detached" from the
> ground, but that's how I feel most sims feel. I guess it's the
> difference between GPL cars and the touring/sports cars in GTR.
> (hey, I don't know the difference so I just know it aint a '67 F1
> one...)

Sounds like you haven't got the "invert" box (at work, so not sure what it's
called in the game) in the FF settnigs screen ticked. GTR should feel a lot
more "attached" than GPL... just don't forget to warm up your brakes or
you'll be in for a surprise at Les Combes. <g>

Jan.
=---

Old December 17th 05, 02:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"John Smith" > wrote in message ...
> Do you have all of the latest drivers and latest DX9? GTR is a great sim,
> it's definetely up there with the best sims imo. If you don't already have
> rFactor I would reccomend it too..

yea but i've heard of lots of problems with winxp 64 bit and some sims. luckily i didn't order that
on my new box.

Old December 17th 05, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Watched the video. Good driving.

Old December 17th 05, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
>> I just tried the GTR v2 demo
>> ... dual core ...

> Try turning off the dual core. This has caused problems with
> some games. I don't know if there's a patch for GTR to run
> with dual core cpus or not. I have a P4EE3.4GHZ with
> hyperthreading enabled, and GTR runs just fine.
>
> Here's a sample video:
>
> http://jeffareid.net/gtr/gtrspa.wmv

Nice lap, I may have done that.......once.
I never knew you could cut that busstop so badly....now I do!
Thanks,
Ed

Old December 17th 05, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It worked on mysystem, with excellent framerates, but, after a month of
rFactor, the GTR demo left me unimpressed; I felt like a spectator.
Could be the dark, sunset settiing. It lacks RF's visceral,
you-are-there feel. However, I've heard GTL ups the ante- if you like
the old cars.