Car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the same time?

Old May 17th 19, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
micky

Default Car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the same time?

Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
same time?

AFAICT, both the Mazda 2 that I had and the current Honda Jazz/Fit and
maybe any other car I've driven lately only allowed one input to the
"radio" at a time.

So if I wanted to play the music on my Flashdrive, I couldn't get
notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc. (Since google maps is not
in the rental car, or any car I'll buy. It's only on the phone.)

And if I wanted to listen to local radio, via the radio built into the
radio, I couldn't get notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc.

If I depend on the phone only, it's nowhere near loud enough to be heard
over the music or talk. When I tried this at home, I often don't
hear the navigation instructions at all, even though they are set on
loud, and if I hear a voice, I certainly can't understand what it said.

The phone can be connected by bluetooth or probably AUX. I presume that
won't make any difference.

Old May 17th 19, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
Ed Pawlowski[_3_]

On 5/17/2019 12:51 PM, micky wrote:
> Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
> same time?
>
> AFAICT, both the Mazda 2 that I had and the current Honda Jazz/Fit and
> maybe any other car I've driven lately only allowed one input to the
> "radio" at a time.
>
> So if I wanted to play the music on my Flashdrive, I couldn't get
> notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc. (Since google maps is not
> in the rental car, or any car I'll buy. It's only on the phone.)
>
> And if I wanted to listen to local radio, via the radio built into the
> radio, I couldn't get notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc.
>
> If I depend on the phone only, it's nowhere near loud enough to be heard
> over the music or talk. When I tried this at home, I often don't
> hear the navigation instructions at all, even though they are set on
> loud, and if I hear a voice, I certainly can't understand what it said.
>

> The phone can be connected by bluetooth or probably AUX. I presume that
> won't make any difference.
>
> Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
> same time?

With my Genesis I can listen to the radio and get notices from Google
maps via Android Auto. Never tried it with music from a USB at the same
time but don't think I could.
Old May 17th 19, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
Rod Speed[_1_]

"micky" > wrote in message
> Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
> same time?
>
> AFAICT, both the Mazda 2 that I had and the current Honda Jazz/Fit and
> maybe any other car I've driven lately only allowed one input to the
> "radio" at a time.
>
> So if I wanted to play the music on my Flashdrive, I couldn't get
> notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc. (Since google maps is not
> in the rental car, or any car I'll buy. It's only on the phone.)
>
> And if I wanted to listen to local radio, via the radio built into the
> radio, I couldn't get notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc.
>
> If I depend on the phone only, it's nowhere near loud enough to be heard
> over the music or talk. When I tried this at home, I often don't
> hear the navigation instructions at all, even though they are set on
> loud, and if I hear a voice, I certainly can't understand what it said.

> The phone can be connected by bluetooth or probably AUX.
> I presume that won't make any difference.

Yes it will. That will mute the music when google maps is saying
something and will be load enough to be able to hear it properly.

> Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
> same time?

You actually need to have the music volume reduced when google
maps is saying something and I havent noticed any radio that can
do that with one of the inputs when mixing two of them.

Old May 17th 19, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
Peeler[_2_]

On Sat, 18 May 2019 04:16:12 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

> Yes it will. That will mute the music when google maps is saying
> something and will be load enough to be able to hear it properly.

More interesting question would be how to mute an endlessly bull****ting,
self-important, senile smartass like you, senile Rodent!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Old May 21st 19, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Install a small mixing console or a tablet with
mixer app into the dashboard.
Old May 24th 19, 01:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
micky

In rec.autos.tech, on Mon, 20 May 2019 17:40:35 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

>Install a small mixing console or a tablet with
>mixer app into the dashboard.

I think that's beyond me. ;-)