Banned by RSC, no reason given

Old September 8th 05, 09:48 PM
abbakus

> >"abbakus" > wrote
>> That must narrow it down to a few thousand people in the west coast.

> Which magically both have interest in racing simulators... and have interest in a specific website that talks about
> it... and have interest in the forum of that site... and both of them get banned...

Now that is a coincidence, a group of friends, all living in the west coast,
that have interest in racing simulators, use RSC and RAS, and all of them
with ip's that start with 68. (Except me).

Old September 8th 05, 09:55 PM
abbakus

>>> That must narrow it down to a few thousand people in the west coast.

>> Which magically both have interest in racing simulators...
>> and have interest in a specific website that talks about it... and have interest in the forum of that site...

> Now that is a coincidence, a group of friends, all living in the west coast,
> that have interest in racing simulators, use RSC and RAS, and all of them
> with ip's that start with 68. (Except me).

Or maybe some friends with common interest in racing sims, get together
for LAN party's and sometimes they post messages from my place.

Old September 8th 05, 10:25 PM
Ken Beard

"abbakus" > wrote in message

>>> Which magically both have interest in racing simulators...
>>> and have interest in a specific website that talks about it... and have
>>> interest in the forum of that site...

>> Now that is a coincidence, a group of friends, all living in the west
>> coast,
>> that have interest in racing simulators, use RSC and RAS, and all of them
>> with ip's that start with 68. (Except me).

> Or maybe some friends with common interest in racing sims, get together
> for LAN party's and sometimes they post messages from my place.

Dude - if you didn't give it away by anything else, it's this right here -
that you REPLY TO YOURSELF. Under your other nym you will have 20 responses
in a 30-post thread, and half of those are replies to yourself - sometimes
as much as 3 times. What do you do under the new "no, no I'm not Jeff" nym?
Reply to yourself several times in a thread.

Stop while you're only slightly behind......

I know you won't though, so have fun resetting your cable modem before every
post to try to fool everyone that you're different kooks, er, people.

KenB

Old September 8th 05, 11:05 PM
ymenard

>"abbakus" > wrote
> Now that is a coincidence, a group of friends, all living in the west
> coast,
> that have interest in racing simulators, use RSC and RAS, and all of them
> with ip's that start with 68. (Except me).

Jury calls in... GUILTY!

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old September 8th 05, 11:10 PM
jason moyer

abbakus wrote:

> I was away on vacation, got back two days ago and find
> that RSC has banned my acccount. I didn't violate any
> rules. I emailed "webmaster", but no reply.
>
> What is going on?

Hi Jeff.

Old September 8th 05, 11:27 PM
Whooo

abbakus wrote:
>>>"abbakus" > wrote
>>>That must narrow it down to a few thousand people in the west coast.

>>Which magically both have interest in racing simulators... and have interest in a specific website that talks about
>>it... and have interest in the forum of that site... and both of them get banned...

> Now that is a coincidence, a group of friends, all living in the west coast,
> that have interest in racing simulators, use RSC and RAS, and all of them
> with ip's that start with 68. (Except me).

I think the gentleman protests his innocents too much! ;0)

Come on, Jeff, just admit it. You'll be surprised just how forgiving a
bunch we all are.
Old September 8th 05, 11:37 PM
Tim O

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 04:26:42 -0700, "abbakus" >
wrote:

>I was away on vacation, got back two days ago and find
>that RSC has banned my acccount. I didn't violate any
>rules. I emailed "webmaster", but no reply.
>
>What is going on?

You're apparently a lunatic, that's what. RSC is onto it, and I think
if it was possible to ban you from here, you'd be on some other forum
asking yourself what happened to you.
Old September 9th 05, 04:48 AM
Jeff Reid

I don't see much point in responding to this thread, everyone
on this thread here already has their mind made up.

You see multiple ip's for Abbakus because a group of friends
decided to post using that name. I don't know how Cox Cable
does ip's. Until now, I had the impression that they never
changed, until I checked the ip's of my older posts. I
don't know what causes this. I do know that resetting the
modem doesn't cause it (after trying about 5 times). Most
of the time, my ip's are the same.

With Cox Cable, you can have up to 3 ip's in a household, one
ip per computer. The computers need to be networked via a
switcher to a common cable modem. I'm one of about 400
customers that has two ip's: 68.231.111.244 and 68.5.243.208.

Old September 9th 05, 04:50 AM
Jeff Reid

> Come on, Jeff, just admit it. You'll be surprised just how forgiving a bunch we all are.

We'll see about that, testing my 2nd ip address with this email.

Old September 9th 05, 05:02 AM
Jeff Reid

>> I was away on vacation, got back two days ago and find
>> that RSC has banned my acccount. I didn't violate any
>> rules. I emailed "webmaster", but no reply.
>>
>> What is going on?

> Hi Jeff.

It wasn't me, just a friend of mine who posted on his own without
any instigation on my part. I'm not responsible for the posts
my friends make. As whooo / Cliff pointed out,
"advocates are banned at RSC"