Banned by RSC, no reason given

Old September 8th 05, 12:26 PM
abbakus

Default Banned by RSC, no reason given

I was away on vacation, got back two days ago and find
that RSC has banned my acccount. I didn't violate any
rules. I emailed "webmaster", but no reply.

What is going on?

Old September 8th 05, 12:43 PM
whooo

abbakus wrote:
> I was away on vacation, got back two days ago and find
> that RSC has banned my acccount. I didn't violate any
> rules. I emailed "webmaster", but no reply.
>
> What is going on?

Indeed. Why does your header information match that of Jeff Reid?

abbakus:

Old September 8th 05, 01:30 PM
abbakus

"whooo" > wrote in message ...
> abbakus wrote:
>> I was away on vacation, got back two days ago and find
>> that RSC has banned my acccount. I didn't violate any
>> rules. I emailed "webmaster", but no reply.
>>
>> What is going on?
>>

> Indeed. Why does your header information match that of Jeff Reid?

I'm looking at this and it's not showing the same ...
can Cox Cable be messing this up?

My ip 68.231.201.198
Jeff Reid's ip 68.231.211.244

My header:

From: "abbakus" >
Newsgroups: rec.autos.simulators
Subject: Banned by RSC, no reason given
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 04:26:42 -0700

Jeff Reid's header:

From: "Jeff Reid" >
Newsgroups: rec.autos.simulators

Subject: Which series use Traction Control?
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 19:50:37 -0700

Old September 8th 05, 01:33 PM
abbakus

>> Indeed. Why does your header information match that of Jeff Reid?
>
> I'm looking at this and it's not showing the same ...
> can Cox Cable be messing this up?
>
> My ip 68.231.201.198
> Jeff Reid's ip 68.231.211.244

The numbers are close though, does this mean we live in the same
general area?

Old September 8th 05, 01:46 PM
abbakus

>>> Indeed. Why does your header information match that of Jeff Reid?
>>
>> I'm looking at this and it's not showing the same ...
>> can Cox Cable be messing this up?
>>
>> My ip 68.231.201.198
>> Jeff Reid's ip 68.231.211.244

Ok, found one that did match, and one that didn't, is this something
Jeff or Cox Cable is doing? I'm going to call up Cox and see what's going
on, will post again later.

This one same as mine:

From: "Jeff Reid" >
Newsgroups: rec.autos.simulators

Subject: rFactor review
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 05:13:14 -0700

This one is isn't:

From: "Jeff Reid" >
Newsgroups: rec.autos.simulators
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 08:24:57 -0700

Old September 8th 05, 01:54 PM
whooo

Well, what a coincidence! Who would have thought it?

Old September 8th 05, 02:19 PM
abbakus

> > My ip 68.231.201.198
> > Jeff Reid's ip 68.231.211.244

> Well, what a coincidence! Who would have thought it?

Not a conincidence. Apparenlty 68.31.201.198 is some type
of firewall ip (hundreds of users will appear to
have this same ip with the firewall option).
Sometimes non-firewall users get one of the firewall
ip's due to some bug. Anyway, they told me to power
cycle my cable modem, and now my ip is fixed again
back to 68.4.214.134.

Oh well, if there was an ip match, then that could
explain it, but you'd think that someone from RSC could
had responded and explained it.

Old September 8th 05, 02:24 PM
abbakus

> now my ip is fixed again back to 68.4.214.134.

Just checked it, it's fixed. From now on, I'll do
ipconfig check before going online to keep from
getting any more false accusations.

You'd think that RSC would be aware of firewalled ip's
though. Then again, since they provided no explanation,
it may have been something else. Also looking at some
older threads, Sirrocco claims that it was a different
player (not jeffr) at RSC that that was posting using
different accounts.

Old September 8th 05, 03:20 PM
whooo

abbakus wrote:
>>now my ip is fixed again back to 68.4.214.134.

> Just checked it, it's fixed. From now on, I'll do
> ipconfig check before going online to keep from
> getting any more false accusations.
>
> You'd think that RSC would be aware of firewalled ip's
> though. Then again, since they provided no explanation,
> it may have been something else. Also looking at some
> older threads, Sirrocco claims that it was a different
> player (not jeffr) at RSC that that was posting using
> different accounts.

Thanks for the info, Jeff.
Old September 8th 05, 03:54 PM
Ken Beard

"abbakus" > wrote in message
>> now my ip is fixed again back to 68.4.214.134.

> Just checked it, it's fixed. From now on, I'll do
> ipconfig check before going online to keep from
> getting any more false accusations.
>
> You'd think that RSC would be aware of firewalled ip's
> though. Then again, since they provided no explanation,
> it may have been something else. Also looking at some
> older threads, Sirrocco claims that it was a different
> player (not jeffr) at RSC that that was posting using
> different accounts.

Hmmmm... bringing up being banned from RSC in RAS. Looks like Jeff.

Replying to oneself several times in one thread. Looks like Jeff.

IP addresses from a similar range, same ISP, same use of a hotmail account,
same newsreader. That certainly looks like it could be Jeff.

And really, does anyone think that someone who has made their FIRST usenet
post EVER under this name, on this subject, with all these similarities
ISN'T dear ol' Insane Jeffy who's now nym-shifting?

Dude, if RAS was a webforum you would've been banned long ago. The way you
act here does nothing but show everyone that you deserve any ban you get.
Start up your own webforum where you're the boss, or stay on topic here
about SIMULATORS and stop whining about RSC. And lastly, grow the hell up.

KenB