Air conditioner high pressure tube leak

Old June 20th 19, 06:36 AM posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Jack Myers

Default Air conditioner high pressure tube leak

In alt.autos.subaru Jack Myers > wrote:
> Air conditioning season is not off to a good start this year.

Following up to my original post (quoted below) because others
may run into this situation. The Subaru parts website is a bit
misleading because it only shows the original factory-installed
high pressure tube. The replacement comes as two pieces, namely:
a front tube that runs back to the firewall, and a rear tube
that runs across the firewall. It's simple matter to cut out
the original tube and then route and connect the two tubes.
Subaru parts guys see this all the time in the case of an
engine swap where the front tube has to match the new engine
the rear tube has to match the existing chassis.

A cheaper, viable repair alternative would be an A/C splice
kit as suggested on r.a.t. Knowing the proper search terms
I found a 5/16" kit that would probably work on the 8mm
tubing, but I went with the factory parts.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

--
If at first you don't succeed that's one data point. --xkcd
Old June 20th 19, 05:35 PM posted to alt.autos.subaru,rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Jack Myers wrote:
> In alt.autos.subaru Jack Myers > wrote:
>> Air conditioning season is not off to a good start this year.
>>

> Following up to my original post (quoted below) because others
> may run into this situation. The Subaru parts website is a bit
> misleading because it only shows the original factory-installed
> high pressure tube. The replacement comes as two pieces, namely:
> a front tube that runs back to the firewall, and a rear tube
> that runs across the firewall. It's simple matter to cut out
> the original tube and then route and connect the two tubes.
> Subaru parts guys see this all the time in the case of an
> engine swap where the front tube has to match the new engine
> the rear tube has to match the existing chassis.
>
> A cheaper, viable repair alternative would be an A/C splice
> kit as suggested on r.a.t. Knowing the proper search terms
> I found a 5/16" kit that would probably work on the 8mm
> tubing, but I went with the factory parts.
>
> Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Not surprising they have an updated part. There are a lot of times a
company will update a part but not the parts books/data. The dealer will
look it up on their system and the new part number shows.

--
Steve W.