Got any Miata peeves? Or hidden likes?

Old June 5th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Got any Miata peeves? Or hidden likes?

Yep, 2005 NC with Bose system.
Bloody awful speakers between the headrests...why did they bother!?

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
Old June 5th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Jun 4, 5:54*pm, wrote:
> Yep, 2005 NC with Bose system.
> Bloody awful speakers between the headrests...why did they bother!?
>
> OzOne of the three twins
>
> I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

My only complaint are the prople that complain about the car! If you
don't like the car, sell it and see if you can find one that is just
"perfect" for you. :-) No one made you buy this car, did they?

NAW, just kidding. I love mine and I have had Vetts to Olds, Vegas to
a Monte Carlo. They all have something that will bug you. With the
Corvette it wasn't the car so much, it was the people that went
toooooo slow.

Bruce
Old June 5th 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

wrote:

> So, we all know the Miata has driving fun covered. In a big way!
> But what about things that are not so great? Or things you like
> that are less talked-about.

MAJOR PEEVE! Want gorgeous young bikini clad girl for passenger seat,
must like old, cranky, bald, homely guys!

I wouldn't mind a bit more foot room but it's not really a peeve.

I could ask for more legroom but there's only one car I've ever owned
that had adequate legroom for me, that was a 1950 Mercury Club Coupe,
with the driver's seat all the way back I couldn't hold the clutch all
the way down by about 1/4".

I wouldn't mind another 250 horse power but then I'd just get more
tickets, the stock 1.6L will exceed the legal speed anywhere I've
driven.

I'd have to say the only real peeve is the top mechanism, it's
difficult for me to raise w/o getting out of the car. NB's are a
little better, NC's are fine.

I wish that close examination of the '63-'67 (don't know about later
ones) Corvette top mechanism was required for anyone designing a
convertible.... No tonneau needed, effortless up and down from driver's
seat, no rain drains to clog, no rain rail to worry about.
Additionally it was light weight, very simple, little to go wrong.
Every 50 years or so Chevrolet will do something right but I'm always
surprised when they do.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old June 5th 09, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stuart H.[_2_]

XS11E wrote:
<SNIP>

> I'd have to say the only real peeve is the top mechanism, it's
> difficult for me to raise w/o getting out of the car. NB's are a
> little better, NC's are fine.
>
> I wish that close examination of the '63-'67 (don't know about later
> ones) Corvette top mechanism was required for anyone designing a
> convertible.... No tonneau needed, effortless up and down from driver's
> seat, no rain drains to clog, no rain rail to worry about.
> Additionally it was light weight, very simple, little to go wrong.
> Every 50 years or so Chevrolet will do something right but I'm always
> surprised when they do.

Please remember the top was designed by Mazda UK. At least it does not
leak, but we wouldn't want to make things too easy! Compared to the
tops on my previous English sports cars, the Miata one is heaven!

Stuart H.
Old June 5th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Jun 5, 7:22*am, Grant Edwards > wrote:
> On 2009-06-04, > wrote:
>
> > Small peeves
> > - Horn
> > - Cup holder location (can live with it by now, though)
> > - Sun visors unscrew themselves (oh, and they barely do anything)

> > Medium
> > - Would be nice if I could beat a Camry in a straight line

> > Large
> > - noise, vibration & ride harshness, especially on textured interstate
> > (if not for this, I might not ever think about getting another fun
> > car)

> > Hidden like
> > - Trip odometer works in reverse

> It seems your complaints can be summed up as "the Miata isn't a
> Toyota Camry, and I wanted a Toyota Camry".
>
> The solution to that is easy: buy a Toyata Camry instead of a
> Miata.

D'oh!!

Old June 6th 09, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:09:42 -0700, XS11E > wrote:

>I'd have to say the only real peeve is the top mechanism, it's
>difficult for me to raise w/o getting out of the car. NB's are a
>little better, NC's are fine.
>
>I wish that close examination of the '63-'67 (don't know about later
>ones) Corvette top mechanism was required for anyone designing a
>convertible.... No tonneau needed, effortless up and down from driver's
>seat....

....or the S2000 -- just push the button on the dashboard.

Of course, my solution is to just take the hard top off. No soft top, no
worries.

-- Larry
Old June 6th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

XS11E wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> So, we all know the Miata has driving fun covered. In a big
>> way!
>> But what about things that are not so great? Or things you
>> like
>> that are less talked-about.

> MAJOR PEEVE! Want gorgeous young bikini clad girl for passenger
> seat,
> must like old, cranky, bald, homely guys!

Heh - I'd like a gorgeous, young, speedo clad boy toy for the
passenger seat in my Miata. Must like aging, graying older
women!

> I wouldn't mind a bit more foot room but it's not really a
> peeve.

Not for me - the leg room is perfect. Of course, I'm vertically
challenged. <g>

> I could ask for more legroom but there's only one car I've ever
> owned
> that had adequate legroom for me, that was a 1950 Mercury Club
> Coupe,
> with the driver's seat all the way back I couldn't hold the
> clutch all
> the way down by about 1/4".
>
> I wouldn't mind another 250 horse power but then I'd just get
> more
> tickets, the stock 1.6L will exceed the legal speed anywhere
> I've
> driven.

Amen, brother. Particularly since mine is "ticket me officer"
red.

> I'd have to say the only real peeve is the top mechanism, it's
> difficult for me to raise w/o getting out of the car. NB's are
> little better, NC's are fine.

With a roll bar, the NB is not so great - I still have to get out
to put up the top.

> I wish that close examination of the '63-'67 (don't know about
> later
> ones) Corvette top mechanism was required for anyone designing
> convertible.... No tonneau needed, effortless up and down from
> driver's
> seat, no rain drains to clog, no rain rail to worry about.
> Additionally it was light weight, very simple, little to go
> wrong.
> Every 50 years or so Chevrolet will do something right but I'm
> always
> surprised when they do.

Compared to my 1968 MGB, putting the top up on the Miata is a
breeze. Or rather, a lack thereof. <G>

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata