Quick Fix

Old June 26th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

Default Quick Fix

On Jun 25, 9:39 pm, Project Magnet #1 >
wrote:
> Jan Andersson wrote:
> > Project Magnet #1 wrote:

> >> One reason to use a battery disconnect I guess... Less chance of
> >> needing to grab the first extinguisher mounted just in front of the
> >> driver's door.

> >> Les

> > I have used a main power kill switch in the rear footwell for years,
> > easily accessed from the drivers seat

> I need to add one on the Baja. I'd hate to roll the car and not be able
> to kill power quickly. Might happen one of these days...
>
> http://triumphchoppers.com/albums/album49/aet.sized.jpg
>
> <G>
>
> Les

how about a HD button/switch closer to the starter? Can be installed
either under the backseat or in engine compartment. Kinda killing 2
birds with one stone? No need for kill switch and relay.

Anton
Old June 26th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

anton wrote:
> On Jun 25, 9:39 pm, Project Magnet #1 >
> wrote:
>> Jan Andersson wrote:
>>> I have used a main power kill switch in the rear footwell for years,
>>> easily accessed from the drivers seat

>> I need to add one on the Baja. I'd hate to roll the car and not be able
>> to kill power quickly. Might happen one of these days...
>>
>> http://triumphchoppers.com/albums/album49/aet.sized.jpg
>>
>> <G>
>>
>> Les

> how about a HD button/switch closer to the starter? Can be installed
> either under the backseat or in engine compartment. Kinda killing 2
> birds with one stone? No need for kill switch and relay.

I'd rather go with a disconnect switch by the battery. Something I can
reach from the driver's seat, once the car settles on it's side or roof.

The fire extinguisher location was perfect. With it being mounted just
in front of the driver's door, it never gets in the way on road or off,
and is within reach as I exit the vehicle.

Les
Old June 27th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Project Magnet #1" > wrote in message
> One reason to use a battery disconnect I guess... Less chance of needing
> to grab the first extinguisher mounted just in front of the driver's door.
>
> Les

I had one of the standard large disconnects that folks install in race style
cars mounted up under the dash of a bug...basically above my right knee....
never needed it in an emergency situation, but the peace of mind of knowing
it was there was well worth the price of admission.

Old June 27th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Project Magnet #1" > wrote in message
> > One reason to use a battery disconnect I guess... Less chance of needing
>> to grab the first extinguisher mounted just in front of the driver's door.
>>
>> Les

> I had one of the standard large disconnects that folks install in race style
> cars mounted up under the dash of a bug...basically above my right knee....
> never needed it in an emergency situation, but the peace of mind of knowing
> it was there was well worth the price of admission.

It's just like my fire extinguisher, peace of mind is worth twice the
cost of installing it.

OT Quick Shifting Bill Berckman VW air cooled 0 July 17th 07 05:44 PM
Quick question BradandBrooks Ford Mustang 8 May 26th 06 04:15 PM
Just how quick is this guy? JB BMW 4 May 13th 06 08:13 PM
quick question cvds VW air cooled 4 October 12th 05 05:50 AM