red line

Old February 17th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Tricky

Default red line

just a quickie ...

someone has asked me what the redline is on a stock 1600.

As I have never had a rev counter I dont know !

Can anyone help.

completely stock - rebuilt, but no fancey balancing or anything.

Ta

Rich
Old February 17th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Tricky wrote:
> just a quickie ...
>
> someone has asked me what the redline is on a stock 1600.

About 5K, if it even gets there due to restrictive intake and valve
float. I don't think revving faster than a max is even possible.

Old February 17th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Tricky" > wrote in message
> just a quickie ...
>
> someone has asked me what the redline is on a stock 1600.
>
> As I have never had a rev counter I dont know !
>
> Can anyone help.
>

> completely stock - rebuilt, but no fancey balancing or anything.
>
> Ta
>
> Rich

in stock form they won't over-rev unless its a mechanical over-rev(I.E.
downshifting)...that is why vw listed the max speed and cruising at the
same...they are limited by the restrictive carb, intake, and cam.

Old February 21st 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

On Feb 17, 1:55 pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> "Tricky" > wrote in message

> > just a quickie ...

> > someone has asked me what the redline is on a stock 1600.

> > As I have never had a rev counter I dont know !

> > Can anyone help.

> > completely stock - rebuilt, but no fancey balancing or anything.

> > Ta

> > Rich

> in stock form they won't over-rev unless its a mechanical over-rev(I.E.
> downshifting)...that is why vw listed the max speed and cruising at the
> same...they are limited by the restrictive carb, intake, and cam.

Tell me the engine # / type and I will tell you max rpm and mph for
all gears.

Anton
Old February 22nd 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_2_]

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:15:37 +0100, anton > wrote:

> On Feb 17, 1:55 pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
>> "Tricky" > wrote in message

>> > just a quickie ...

>> > someone has asked me what the redline is on a stock 1600.

>> > As I have never had a rev counter I dont know !

>> > Can anyone help.

>> > completely stock - rebuilt, but no fancey balancing or anything.

>> > Ta

>> > Rich

>> in stock form they won't over-rev unless its a mechanical over-rev(I.E.
>> downshifting)...that is why vw listed the max speed and cruising at the
>> same...they are limited by the restrictive carb, intake, and cam.

> Tell me the engine # / type and I will tell you max rpm and mph for
> all gears.
>
> Anton

There is no where in hell you are to overrew a stock Vw aircooled on level
ground, unless you downshift from a higer gear at high speed.
That was a rather long sentence was it not?

J.

TJ jeep gas line snowboardripper Jeep 0 August 9th 07 02:19 AM
sad: End of the line [email protected] Technology 32 November 16th 06 01:00 AM
Red Line (not oil) P.J. Berg VW air cooled 7 April 2nd 05 05:50 PM
Line Cutting fbloogyudsr Driving 22 March 9th 05 12:46 AM
NSR and the outside line Larry Simulators 0 February 21st 05 12:43 AM