Ya'll seen the Demon?

Old June 30th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Ya'll seen the Demon?

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Will that turn Bing into a "Whatnot" ?????? :-)
>

> Bruce Bing '03 LS

No, you will be much more unhappy the name I pick for with my
"christening"..... :-)

Pat

Old July 1st 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Will that turn Bing into a "Whatnot" ?????? :-)
>

> Bruce Bing '03 LS

Maybe. Bing will certainly be a "has-been" as far as good looks go.

You know I wouldn't do that to ya...... :-)

I would like to see a company call a car a "whatnot", it isn't any worse
than "Ass-Tek" and a few of the other names that they have come up with.

Pat
Old July 8th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
tooloud

pws wrote:
> r0lliSl1fe wrote:
>
>> I am...young for cars anyways (especially young for the
>> Miata)...turning 20 in July.

> That's what I thought. tooloud was our resident youngster for a while,
> but now he is just another old dad. :-)

Man, I know I haven't been around all that much these days, but you REPLACED
me?!?

In any case, I *am* feeling like an old dad, even to the point that I went
out and purchased an honest-to-god four-seat sports car...er, more of a GT,
really, I suppose, but as close as I could find. It's kind of an
"anti-Miata" of sorts, in that it seems to do everything wrong--fixed roof,
four seats, engine in the wrong place, wonky pedals--but drives like a dream
anyway. It's a '99 Porsche 911 Carrera 4, and it's what has been occupying
my time for the last few months.

>> Still, it's nice we can all connect on something so wonderfull.

> Certainly. This is a pretty cool, diverse group of people.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

>> But I do have a pretty mature opinion of cars...I think the nice
>> thing about the Demon is that it uses some supercar type aggressive
>> styling without being outrageously expensive. Perhaps that makes it
>> ricey, gaudy, but I like hard edges and vents...I'll have to test
>> drive one and make a better opinion then.
>>
>> r0ll

> Not implying immaturity at all.
> I just think that each generation is more likely to accept changes in
> general, they almost have to be in this ever-faster changing world.
>
> Were we talking something about Miatas or Dodges or whatnot? ;-)

Dodges, unfortunately, were the topic. Specifically the Demon, with its
awkward styling and evil name. Sheesh, why do so many think sports cars have
to be mean all the time? Is the Miata the only friendly sports car?

--
tooloud
Remove nothing to reply

Old July 9th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

tooloud wrote:

> Man, I know I haven't been around all that much these days, but you REPLACED
> me?!?

It is a harsh world, sorry man.... :-)

> In any case, I *am* feeling like an old dad, even to the point that I went
> out and purchased an honest-to-god four-seat sports car...er, more of a GT,
> really, I suppose, but as close as I could find. It's kind of an
> "anti-Miata" of sorts, in that it seems to do everything wrong--fixed roof,
> four seats, engine in the wrong place, wonky pedals--but drives like a dream
> anyway. It's a '99 Porsche 911 Carrera 4, and it's what has been occupying
> my time for the last few months.

Cool, does that mean that the Infinity is gone? Wanna race for titles? ;-)

> Dodges, unfortunately, were the topic. Specifically the Demon, with its
> awkward styling and evil name. Sheesh, why do so many think sports cars have
> to be mean all the time? Is the Miata the only friendly sports car?

Yeah, I really like numbers the best, though miata is cool.

I don't like cars to share names with snakes, horses, or other animals.
Add supernatural creatures to the list.
Not a huge deal, just a personal preference.

Pat

Old July 10th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
tooloud

pws wrote:
> tooloud wrote:
>
>> Man, I know I haven't been around all that much these days, but you
>> REPLACED me?!?

> It is a harsh world, sorry man.... :-)
>
>> In any case, I *am* feeling like an old dad, even to the point that
>> I went out and purchased an honest-to-god four-seat sports car...er,
>> more of a GT, really, I suppose, but as close as I could find. It's
>> kind of an "anti-Miata" of sorts, in that it seems to do everything
>> wrong--fixed roof, four seats, engine in the wrong place, wonky
>> pedals--but drives like a dream anyway. It's a '99 Porsche 911
>> Carrera 4, and it's what has been occupying my time for the last few
>> months.

> Cool, does that mean that the Infinity is gone? Wanna race for
> titles? ;-)

Nope, I kept them all. I am getting used to the extra power, but that's not
why I bought it. I've always been more of a handling guy than a speed freak,
and the 911 is how far I felt I had to go to keep a sports car feel in a
four-seat car. I joked to the seller that I was probably the only guy around
that delayed the purchase of a Porsche because I liked my Miata so much.

>> Dodges, unfortunately, were the topic. Specifically the Demon, with
>> its awkward styling and evil name. Sheesh, why do so many think
>> sports cars have to be mean all the time? Is the Miata the only
>> friendly sports car?

> Yeah, I really like numbers the best, though miata is cool.
>
> I don't like cars to share names with snakes, horses, or other
> animals. Add supernatural creatures to the list.
> Not a huge deal, just a personal preference.

I've never quite thought of it in those terms, but after some thinking, I
couldn't agree more.

--
tooloud
Remove nothing to reply

Old July 10th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"tooloud" > wrote:

> I joked to the seller that I was probably the only guy around that
> delayed the purchase of a Porsche because I liked my Miata so
> much.

The 911 is a nice car, it's too bad family requirements forced you to
downgrade..... <GD&R>

Hey Ya'll! Kate Jeep 82 September 16th 05 10:52 AM
Good News!( And a warning to all ya'll down south) SVTKate Ford Mustang 10 August 30th 05 12:49 PM