Accelerator Cable

Old June 21st 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Accelerator Cable

How hard is it to replace without taking the engine out??? about how
long does it take???

Old June 21st 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Karl

How hard is it to tell us what you have??

oups.com...

Old June 21st 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> How hard is it to replace without taking the engine out??? about how
> long does it take???

I've never, on *any* vehicle, had to remove an engine to replace an
accelerator cable.

Old June 21st 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Michael Cecil

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:03:47 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
roups.com...
>> How hard is it to replace without taking the engine out??? about how
>> long does it take???
>>

>I've never, on *any* vehicle, had to remove an engine to replace an
>accelerator cable.

You have obviously never worked on a Carpezi Svetlimeister Model III!

It's very easy to do on a '70 bug.
--
Michael Cecil
http://home.roadrunner.com/~macecil/
Old June 21st 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jun 20, 8:17 pm, Michael Cecil > wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:03:47 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
> wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> roups.com...
> >> How hard is it to replace without taking the engine out??? about how
> >> long does it take???

> >I've never, on *any* vehicle, had to remove an engine to replace an
> >accelerator cable.

> You have obviously never worked on a Carpezi Svetlimeister Model III!
>
> It's very easy to do on a '70 bug.
> --
> Michael Cecilhttp://home.roadrunner.com/~macecil/http://home.roadrunner.com/~safehex/http://home.roadrunner.com/~macecil/hackingvista/

GOOD, lol, i put a new carb on mine vdub, and went to adjust the
throttle, and... it SNAPPED i'm gonna be buying another one soon,
thanks everyone

Old June 21st 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Michael Cecil" > wrote in message
> You have obviously never worked on a Carpezi Svetlimeister Model III!
>
> It's very easy to do on a '70 bug.

Michael, you are absolutely correct..hehe..

Old June 21st 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

On Jun 20, 6:46 pm, wrote:
> On Jun 20, 8:17 pm, Michael Cecil > wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:03:47 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
> > wrote:

> > > wrote in message
> > roups.com...

> > >I've never, on *any* vehicle, had to remove an engine to replace an
> > >accelerator cable.

> > You have obviously never worked on a Carpezi Svetlimeister Model III!

> > It's very easy to do on a '70 bug.
> > --
> > Michael Cecilhttp://home.roadrunner.com/~macecil/http://home.roadrunner.com/~safeh...

> GOOD, lol, i put a new carb on mine vdub, and went to adjust the
> throttle, and... it SNAPPED i'm gonna be buying another one soon,
> thanks everyone

http://www.vw-resource.com/acccable1.html

there are some caveats on how it attaches to the pedal...

Old June 29th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Kristopher Staller

First step of engine removal: disconnect throttle cable from linkage and
pull through fan shroud.

Last step of engine installation: feed throttle cable through fan shroud
sleeve and connect to linkage.

Why drop the engine? It will add an additional four hours to a procedure
that should only take ten minutes

(I had to change one in a center turn lane of a five-lane-wide city street
during rush hour. That replacement only took five minutes.)