Wisconsin police chief tickets himself $235

Old February 5th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Wisconsin police chief tickets himself $235

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12784367?GT1=9033

Wisconsin police chief tickets himself $235
Top cop pays fine, docks himself 4 points on license after traffic
violation
Updated: 11:10 a.m. MT Feb 3, 2007

KEWASKUM, Wis. - Police Chief Richard Knoebel says he wasn’t about to take
the easy way out when he accidentally drove past a stopped school bus with
its emergency lights flashing.

For violating traffic laws, Knoebel wrote himself a ticket for $235, docked
himself four points on his driving record and paid the fine the next day.

It happened in September but didn’t make news until after the fine appeared
in court records and was reported by a West Bend newspaper.

Knoebel says he doesn’t mind getting the belated attention, if it serves to
raise awareness.

“If it brings notice to people that they should be stopping for school
buses, I don’t mind the notoriety,” he said.

He said he was on patrol on four-lane U.S. 45 when he was distracted by a
stopped dump truck. He saw a car coming from behind and thought it might
hit the truck, so he moved to pass the truck before he saw the stopped
school bus in the far lane.

He said he didn’t realize he had passed the bus until it was too late.

------------------

I don't buy this story. If what he says is true, he didn't see the bus
cause the truck blocked his view. You shouldn't ticket someone for that.
Old February 5th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
nimue

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12784367?GT1=9033
>
> Wisconsin police chief tickets himself $235
> Top cop pays fine, docks himself 4 points on license after traffic
> violation
> Updated: 11:10 a.m. MT Feb 3, 2007
>
> KEWASKUM, Wis. - Police Chief Richard Knoebel says he wasn't about to
> take the easy way out when he accidentally drove past a stopped
> school bus with its emergency lights flashing.
>
> For violating traffic laws, Knoebel wrote himself a ticket for $235,
> docked himself four points on his driving record and paid the fine
> the next day.
>
> It happened in September but didn't make news until after the fine
> appeared in court records and was reported by a West Bend newspaper.
>
> Knoebel says he doesn't mind getting the belated attention, if it
> serves to raise awareness.
>
> "If it brings notice to people that they should be stopping for school
> buses, I don't mind the notoriety," he said.
>
> He said he was on patrol on four-lane U.S. 45 when he was distracted
> by a stopped dump truck. He saw a car coming from behind and thought
> it might hit the truck, so he moved to pass the truck before he saw
> the stopped school bus in the far lane.
>
> He said he didn't realize he had passed the bus until it was too late.
>
> ------------------
>
> I don't buy this story. If what he says is true, he didn't see the bus
> cause the truck blocked his view. You shouldn't ticket someone for
> that.

Wow, that sounds like something a character in a Frank Capra movie would do.

--
nimue

"As an unwavering Republican, I have quite naturally burned more books
than I have read." Betty Bowers

Old February 5th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Alan Baker

In article 01>,
"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12784367?GT1=9033
>
> Wisconsin police chief tickets himself $235
> Top cop pays fine, docks himself 4 points on license after traffic
> violation
> Updated: 11:10 a.m. MT Feb 3, 2007
>
> KEWASKUM, Wis. - Police Chief Richard Knoebel says he wasn’t about to take
> the easy way out when he accidentally drove past a stopped school bus with
> its emergency lights flashing.
>
> For violating traffic laws, Knoebel wrote himself a ticket for $235, docked
> himself four points on his driving record and paid the fine the next day.
>
> It happened in September but didn’t make news until after the fine appeared
> in court records and was reported by a West Bend newspaper.
>
> Knoebel says he doesn’t mind getting the belated attention, if it serves to
> raise awareness.
>
> “If it brings notice to people that they should be stopping for school
> buses, I don’t mind the notoriety,” he said.
>
> He said he was on patrol on four-lane U.S. 45 when he was distracted by a
> stopped dump truck. He saw a car coming from behind and thought it might
> hit the truck, so he moved to pass the truck before he saw the stopped
> school bus in the far lane.
>
> He said he didn’t realize he had passed the bus until it was too late.
>
> ------------------
>
> I don't buy this story. If what he says is true, he didn't see the bus
> cause the truck blocked his view. You shouldn't ticket someone for that.

Your inability to read is noted once again. He didn't say the truck
"blocked his view" he said the truck "distracted" him.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed
Old February 5th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
Drivers are MURDERERS, a connoisseur of all that is gay kid porn,
spewed forth this crap in rec.autos.driving:

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12784367?GT1=9033

<< snip article, leave link intact >>

> I don't buy this story. If what he says is true, he didn't see the bus
> cause the truck blocked his view. You shouldn't ticket someone for that.

CRIMINAL CODDLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
necromancer

Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in rec.autos.driving

Old February 5th 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Alan Baker > wrote in
:

> In article 01>,
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:
>>
>> I don't buy this story. If what he says is true, he didn't see the
>> bus cause the truck blocked his view. You shouldn't ticket someone
>> for that.

> Your inability to read is noted once again. He didn't say the truck
> "blocked his view" he said the truck "distracted" him.

But that's what he meant. You are an idiot who can't read between the
lines.

Old February 5th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Alan Baker

In article 01>,
"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:

> Alan Baker > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article 01>,
> > "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't buy this story. If what he says is true, he didn't see the
> >> bus cause the truck blocked his view. You shouldn't ticket someone
> >> for that.

> > Your inability to read is noted once again. He didn't say the truck
> > "blocked his view" he said the truck "distracted" him.
> >

> But that's what he meant. You are an idiot who can't read between the
> lines.

LOL

And now you claim to be able to read minds...

Old February 5th 07, 07:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
David Johnston

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 03:04:02 GMT, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS" > wrote:

>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12784367?GT1=9033
>
>Wisconsin police chief tickets himself $235
>Top cop pays fine, docks himself 4 points on license after traffic
>violation
>Updated: 11:10 a.m. MT Feb 3, 2007
>
>KEWASKUM, Wis. - Police Chief Richard Knoebel says he wasn’t about to take
>the easy way out when he accidentally drove past a stopped school bus with
>its emergency lights flashing.
>
>For violating traffic laws, Knoebel wrote himself a ticket for $235, docked
>himself four points on his driving record and paid the fine the next day.
>
>It happened in September but didn’t make news until after the fine appeared
>in court records and was reported by a West Bend newspaper.
>
>Knoebel says he doesn’t mind getting the belated attention, if it serves to
>raise awareness.
>
>“If it brings notice to people that they should be stopping for school
>buses, I don’t mind the notoriety,” he said.
>
>He said he was on patrol on four-lane U.S. 45 when he was distracted by a
>stopped dump truck. He saw a car coming from behind and thought it might
>hit the truck, so he moved to pass the truck before he saw the stopped
>school bus in the far lane.
>
>He said he didn’t realize he had passed the bus until it was too late.

>I don't buy this story. If what he says is true, he didn't see the bus
>cause the truck blocked his view. You shouldn't ticket someone for that.

The truck would have only blocked his view while he was behind it.