Block Cell Phones In Theaters?

Old December 19th 05, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Block Cell Phones In Theaters?

N8N, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on 19 Dec 2005 10:01:28 -0800:

> Both the left and the right are nothing but propaganda machines these
> days, the right is just better at it.

Or more simply, more people fall for the right's propaganda than the
left's.

Old December 19th 05, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Well, it'll be the cable TV guy that misses an important call while at
ur restaurant, gets suspicious, fires up his spectum analyzer and
figures out whats going on. Then he'll turn ur ass in to the FCC, and,
like I said, the fines start at $10,000.

Dave Head

Old December 20th 05, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in
n.umich.edu:

> wrote:
>
>> These things may be available, but they are absolutely illegal to use
>> within the USA.

> Who cares? This is Bush and Cheney's America, where the Constitution
> is "just a goddamn piece of paper", spying on Americans is legal by
> fiat,

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...8/221452.shtml
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...9/114807.shtml

About how Clinton eavesdropped on MILLIONS of domestic US communications.

> and torture

Some people have odd definitions of "torture".

> is OK as long as it's only perpetrated on people we
> know are bad guys. If I were a theatre or restaurant owner, I'd buy,
> install and hide a cellphone jammer and not flap my mouth about having
> done so. If Biff and Muffy and their little offspring Chipper can't
> receive or make celphone calls during dinner or the movie, that's just
> too damn bad for Biff, Muffy and Chipper.

Just paint the walls with aluminized paint,and apply metallized tinted film
to the windows.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old December 20th 05, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer > wrote in
th.net:

> N8N, > was motivated to say this in
> rec.autos.driving on 19 Dec 2005 10:01:28 -0800:
>>
>> Both the left and the right are nothing but propaganda machines these
>> days, the right is just better at it.

> Or more simply, more people fall for the right's propaganda than the
> left's.

Strange,it seems the opposite to me.
The leftists fall for the old Media's garbage much more.
Example:CBS and the faked Bush memos.
Leftists dominate the old Media,and universities.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old December 20th 05, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

The jammer is going to emit some power across the broadband spectrum
that is the cell phone band, which the spectrum analyzer is going to
pick up. The "cable guy" is, admittedly, going to be their chief
technician, not just an installer. Or, it could be a 2-way radio tech
- same principle, although it's unknown whether he'll have a spectrum
analyzer available. And the cell phone tower technician that is sent
out to find out why their tower is not working everywhere its supposed
to will have a spectrum analyzer, for sure. Any number of RF savvy
people are definitely going to know that there's enough power being
emitted to swamp the cell phone receiver, and that's all they have to
report to the FCC, who have some pretty sharp engineers of their own
that will come down and figure out some things for themselves.

Dave Head

Old December 20th 05, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Block Cell Phones In Drive-In Theaters?

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:23:19 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:12:27 -0600, DTJ > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:38:28 GMT, Dave Head > wrote:
>>
>>>One group wants to do this - theater owners.
>>>
>>>http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?St...7-074635-6362r

>>I am having difficulty seeing the relation to driving

><Subject line edited>
>
>'Zat better?

Nah. But who cares what I think anyhow!!!
Old December 20th 05, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 18 Dec 2005 13:14:04 -0800, "John S." > wrote:

>The technology is already available and in use. Cell signals can and
>are electronically blocked - you can buy the device on the net. Why do
>you think cell signals disappear the moment you walk in the hospital
>front door.

Wrong. It is illegal to block cell phone transmissions in the US.
Although you can buy the technology, it is illegal, and possession of
it would not be a good idea. I believe it is covered under ITAR.

Further, hospitals do not block anything except in X-Ray, where the
shielding has more of an effect then intended. I do not believe there
is a single hospital today that does not RELY on the same technology
in cell phones to run their equipment. If there is, I sure as hell
wouldn't step foot in it.

All the signs about not using your CP because it interferes with the
equipment is a lie, although one I support as it tends to keep a small
number of assholes from using CPs in places that should be at least
somewhat free from the annoyance.
Old December 20th 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:24:45 -0800, Garth Almgren >
wrote:

>Around 12/18/2005 12:12 PM, DTJ wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:38:28 GMT, Dave Head > wrote:
>>

>>>One group wants to do this - theater owners.
>>>
>>>http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?St...7-074635-6362r

>> I am having difficulty seeing the relation to driving, unless they
>> only ban them when The Fast and the Furious is playing.

>For that matter, I am having difficulty seeing the relation "The Fast
>and the Furious" has to driving...

Wasn't it a movie about driving? At least that would be something one
could argue is on topic. As I said, though, who cares what I think
about this.
Old December 20th 05, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 18 Dec 2005 19:44:19 -0800, "John S." > wrote:

>> > The technology is already available and in use. Cell signals can and
>> > are electronically blocked - you can buy the device on the net. Why do
>> > you think cell signals disappear the moment you walk in the hospital
>> > front door.
>> >
>> > Actually I think it is unfortunately necessary since some people are
>> > rude enough to not turn their cell phones and blackberries off during a
>> > movie.

>> These things may be available, but they are absolutely illegal to use
>> within the USA.
>>
>> If the cell signal goes away in a hospital ER, its likely because of
>> the shielding created by the "concrete and steel" construction of the
>> building itself.
>>

>There are three regional hospitals within 30 miles that I've been to
>more than once as a visitor. Full length glass windows that are easily
>12 feet high are not eliminating the signal. When you walk through the
>glass doors the signal is gone within 3 feet. It's being phased out by
>something. The concrete and steel construction has an effect, but it
>isn't consistent. My 12 story large office building made of concrete
>and steel allows cell reception in it's center, with no windows
>visible.

Your cell phone doesn't work, so it must be a conspiracy.