Car wash won't pay for damaged Beetle engine splash guards!

Old April 26th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Car wash won't pay for damaged Beetle engine splash guards!

> If they
> know that VW Beetles cause a problem, then why even allow them in the
> car wash or at least inspect the car before running it through.

Think seriously about how unrealistic an idea that would be. Can you
imagine the hassles at the entry to the line if the staff they're paying
started kicking people out of the line? First off there's the question of
the personnel being smart enough to even do the job right. Then there's the
issue of bias. Oh I can just imagine when someone that considers themselves
part of an 'unfairly targeted group' gets kicked out of the line because
their hoopty would be a problem.

Sounds more like it's a combination of poor design on VW's part and lack of
owner attention to the vehicle's condition.

Old April 27th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

I certainly know the meaning of use at your own risk. I know there's a sign
there that says we are not responsible.... use at your own risk. Car washes
tear up cars, parking lot attendants tear up cars, tow trucks tear up cars,
shopping carts tear up cars. parking garages tear up cars. I got my car
rustproofed and they scratched it with the hose. its the risks of civilized
society and the let somebody else do it syndrome...

Old April 28th 06, 08:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

After e-mailing the owner of the car wash, they have agreed to pay the
full amount to fix my car. Showing them my owners manual that states my
car's ground clearance as 4 inches when they admitted their conveyor
track is 5 inches did the trick. Also pointing out how the damage was
probably caused was the other factor. I have always been aware of my low
ground clearance and have driven accordingly. This car wash restricts
plenty of cars. They don't allow any low riders or cars with after
market ground effects or accessories that stick out too much. Signs
saying saying a business dosen't have any repsponsiblity don't hold
legal water. They are there to just scare some people away from pursuing
damage claims. We had a car damaged by a shopping cart at a Safeway
parking lot that had such signs and were able to get their insurance to
pay for the damage.