What is viatology?

Old November 15th 10, 07:10 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Carl ROGÉRS

Default What is viatology?

Viatology is the scientific study of roads. Through the empirical
observation of roadway stimuli, a viatologist follows the scentific
method to discover and share their findings w/ the scientific
community.

Though the term is not more than a few years old, viatology has
actually been in use since the advent of writing, proliferating in the
Greek and Roman eras and maturing with the advent of superhighway
construction of the 20th century. Today, viatologists can be found on
all corners of the globe.

A fundamental aspect of viatology is independent research. A
viatologist does not spend his or her efforts reciting newspaper
articles and personal opinions thereof; this does not equate to any
scientific level of expertise and is merely conjecture.

For more information on viatology, including its etymology thereof,
pay a visit to http://wwtl.info/#viatology.html .

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
http://m.wwtl.info [Mobile]
+1 201.676.0185 [Press]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old November 15th 10, 09:46 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Reality Check

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message

| Viat <bitch slap>

Carl Rogers: The Hyacinth Bucket of usenet.

RC

Old November 16th 10, 12:09 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Steve Firth

Carl Rogers > wrote:

> Viatology is the

.... term coined by a horse's ass.
Old November 16th 10, 02:34 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
NotMe[_2_]

On Nov 15, 7:10*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Viatology is the scientific study of roads.

There is a better definition here
http://www.millenniumhwy.net/Viatology.htm

>*Through the empirical
> observation of roadway stimuli, a viatologist follows the scentific
> method to discover

Scientific method?

> and share their findings w/ the scientific
> community.

Share their findings?
Scientific community?

> Though the term is not more than a few years old, viatology has
> actually been in use since the advent of writing, proliferating in the
> Greek and Roman eras and maturing with the advent of superhighway
> construction of the 20th century. *Today, viatologists can be found on
> all corners of the globe.

> A fundamental aspect of viatology is independent research. *A
> viatologist does not spend his or her efforts reciting newspaper
> articles and personal opinions thereof; this does not equate to any
> scientific level of expertise and is merely conjecture.

Newspaper articles? Real scientist share their data and findings via
journals, conferences etc. Personal opinion is actually one of the key
parts of the scientific method, it is part of how competing theories
are debated. "Reciting" articles, i.e. discussing the content, and
referencing them is key to developing theories, which others can then
work upon. Imagine if Einstein had not bothered with the articles and
opinions of Michelson and Morley, the US military would not have been
able to develop GPS. This is why it is called a scientific community,
because scientists get together and discuss each others work. Also
what you have written here totally contradicts what you wrote in the
first paragraph, do you have a clue about what you are talking about?

> For more information on viatology, including its etymology thereof,

Again the scientific community does not impose theories or terms upon
others, like you are trying to do, a lot of it comes from consensus,
clearly at odds with your pushing of a term noone else wants to use.

> pay a visit to http://tinyurl.com/carlrogers

> Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL): http://tinyurl.com/viatology

There, I have corrected your URLS for you.
Old November 16th 10, 03:11 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
US 71

Viatologist is an anagram for Goat Violist

Old November 19th 10, 01:33 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Craig Zeni[_2_]

Default What is viatology? - TWITTER?

Any reason you're not on Twitter with this stuff?

Old November 19th 10, 01:44 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Reality Check

"Craig Zeni" > wrote in message
m...
| On 11/15/10 2:10 PM, Carl Rogers wrote:
|
| Any reason you're not on Twitter with this stuff?

The ******* has already been kicked off of Twitter once:

www.twitter.com/calrog

RC

Old November 19th 10, 08:54 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Mark Goodge

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:44:05 -0500, Reality Check put finger to keyboard
and typed:

>"Craig Zeni" > wrote in message
om...
>| On 11/15/10 2:10 PM, Carl Rogers wrote:
>|
>| Any reason you're not on Twitter with this stuff?
>
>The ******* has already been kicked off of Twitter once:
>
>www.twitter.com/calrog

How'd he manage that? What do you have to do to be kicked off Twitter?

Mark
--
Blog: http://mark.goodge.co.uk
Stuff: http://www.good-stuff.co.uk
Old November 19th 10, 12:46 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Dimitry Megadeth

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 08:54:06 +0000, Mark Goodge wrote:

> How'd he manage that? What do you have to do to be kicked off Twitter?

Spamming due to desperation? His Alexa rank is 26 218 063-the worst I've
ever seen.

--
Otto Yamamoto
Old November 20th 10, 12:05 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ne.transportation
Steve Firth

Mark Goodge > wrote:

> >The ******* has already been kicked off of Twitter once:
> >
> >www.twitter.com/calrog

> How'd he manage that? What do you have to do to be kicked off Twitter?

Be a bigger moron than the lowest 5%ile of Twitter users. That takes
some doing. There are vegetables out there that are more intelligent
than Twitterers.