What is viatology?

Old April 19th 09, 07:49 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Carl ROGÉRS

Default What is viatology?

If you've started reading these newsgroups, it's inevitable that you've
come across the term 'viatology'. So what does it mean? In its simplest
definition, viatology is the scientific study of roads.

Viatology spans international borders and is studied in all countries. It
can involve what types of pavement you've come across, how mountain passes
get constructed, route numbering assignments, etc.

The study is slowly becoming formalised. To help contribute to the science,
simply talk about roads and make your findings scientifically verifiable.
For more information on viatology, including etymology thereof, simply head
to http://wwtl.info/viatology.html for more information. With your
contributions to this field, who knows... viatology may become a scholastic
study at universities and research foundations domestic and abroad.

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********

Old April 19th 09, 01:02 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Froggie

> On Apr 19, 2:49*am, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
> If you've started reading these newsgroups, *it's inevitable that you've
> come across the term 'viatology'. *So what does it mean? *In its simplest
> definition, viatology is the scientific study of roads.

Correction: viatology is Carl Roger's term for the scientific study
of roads.
Old April 19th 09, 03:29 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Steve Firth

Carl Rogers > wrote:

> If you've started reading these newsgroups, it's inevitable that you've
> come across the term 'viatology'.

Only because some brain-dead plonker keeps making off-topic posts about
the bee in his bonnet. How about you just **** off?
Old April 19th 09, 06:30 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Tony Dragon

Steve Firth wrote:
> Carl Rogers > wrote:
>
>> If you've started reading these newsgroups, it's inevitable that you've
>> come across the term 'viatology'.

> Only because some brain-dead plonker keeps making off-topic posts about
> the bee in his bonnet. How about you just **** off?

For ****s sake Steve, will you please say what you mean, instead of
beating around the bush.

--
Tony the Dragon
Old April 19th 09, 07:21 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Odo/Bill

What Carl forgets to mention is there are NO Black, Hispanic or Muslim
"viatologists". Using his definiton, they are all "Causcaian". So if
you're a rascist bigot like Randy "pigsty" Hersh, you can be a part of
Carl's elite little club.

Old April 19th 09, 08:33 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Steve Firth

Tony Dragon > wrote:

> Steve Firth wrote:
> > Carl Rogers > wrote:
> >
> >> If you've started reading these newsgroups, it's inevitable that you've
> >> come across the term 'viatology'.

> > Only because some brain-dead plonker keeps making off-topic posts about
> > the bee in his bonnet. How about you just **** off?

> For ****s sake Steve, will you please say what you mean, instead of
> beating around the bush.

Sorry, I didn't mean to descend into difficult to follow metaphor.
Old April 19th 09, 08:48 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Bod

Steve Firth wrote:
> Tony Dragon > wrote:
>
>> Steve Firth wrote:

>>> Only because some brain-dead plonker keeps making off-topic posts about
>>> the bee in his bonnet. How about you just **** off?

>> For ****s sake Steve, will you please say what you mean, instead of
>> beating around the bush.

> Sorry, I didn't mean to descend into difficult to follow metaphor.

Try to descend into a sealed underground chamber and do the world a favour.

Bod
Old April 19th 09, 09:50 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Graculus

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
> If you've started reading these newsgroups, it's inevitable that you've
> come across the term 'viatology'.

Is it? How come I've never heard the term before, then?

> So what does it mean?

Who cares?

Old April 20th 09, 01:47 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Roscoe Yamamoto

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:21:40 -0700, Odo/Bill wrote:

> What Carl forgets to mention is there are NO Black, Hispanic or Muslim
> "viatologists". Using his definiton, they are all "Causcaian". So if
> you're a rascist bigot like Randy "pigsty" Hersh, you can be a part of
> Carl's elite little club.

But CalBog is *not* Caucasian by his lights(Google his posts). He's like
an alien and ****.

--
Otto Yamamoto
'Suffering in the real world is serious business
Old April 20th 09, 03:21 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
H.B. Elkins

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 05:02:23 -0700 (PDT), Froggie wrote:

>Correction: viatology is Carl Roger's term for the scientific study
>of roads.

Further correction: It's his operational definition for the scientific study of
roads.

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"

Take viatology on the road w/ you! Carl Rogers Driving 1 April 19th 09 08:33 PM
What is viatology? Carl Rogers Driving 0 March 12th 09 02:43 AM
Viatology Carl Rogers Driving 2 December 30th 08 02:54 AM
The roots of viatology Carl Rogers Driving 9 September 28th 08 04:08 AM
Viatology Carl ROGÉRS Driving 15 August 29th 07 04:49 AM