What to do with the soft top hardware when reinstalling the hard top?

Old April 18th 05, 04:42 PM

Default What to do with the soft top hardware when reinstalling the hard top?

I have a '05 Wrangler that came with a hard top. I just installed the
Bestop Sunrider soft top. I'm wondering if I have to take off the soft
top hardware when I go to put the hard top back on in the winter..

Thanks!

Old April 18th 05, 05:29 PM
JD Adams

I have heard that the hardware will rub against the hard top, wearing holes in
the soft top material if you leave it all in place. Owner's manual parrots
this.

How do you like the Sunrider so far? I'm looking to buy a soft top myself,
and even though they're a pain to put up and down, it beats the HT in summer.
I'm contemplating a block & tackle setup in the garage to hoist the HT and
leave it suspended while the ST is on, for an easy 1-person swap.

-JD

Old April 18th 05, 07:06 PM
IsellJeeps

yes you will have to remove it it is not the factory style hardware

oups.com...

Old April 18th 05, 08:19 PM

I like it so far. It's really not a pain to put up and down - just
when put it on in the beginning of the warm season and then take it off
in the winter.. It took about 5 hours to put it on - but I'm sure the
next times it won't take that long.

I love the sunrider because you can have a "sun roof", topless, or full
top.

Old April 19th 05, 04:48 AM
JD Adams

Excellent. I think I know where my tax refund is headed now. The HT is great
for winter and well worth the bucks, but I'd much rather zip around town
topless during the spring/summer months, and a full soft top seems more than I
really need since it sits in the garage at night.

Old April 19th 05, 04:22 PM

I think it's well worth it! I read that you're supposed to keep the
soft top up for the first week. We'll see if that happens - it's
supposed to be 85 here tomorrow..

Soft Top ... Easy On and Off ? [email protected] Jeep 1 April 15th 05 09:02 PM
Wrangler - Soft Top Chucky Jeep 4 March 8th 05 01:52 AM
Bestop Soft Upper Doors don't fit! Rich M Jeep 4 February 8th 05 10:57 PM
Adjusting Bestop soft upper doors fit? Rich M Jeep 2 January 23rd 05 07:02 AM
Soft Touch trunk won't stay closed on 740iL BMW 0 December 29th 04 03:47 PM