GT - JTD/JTDm

Old June 10th 08, 05:58 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Alan Rogers

Default GT - JTD/JTDm

Oh what a can of worms this is.

UKcentric post.

AIUI all Diesel 1.9 GTs are 16v M-Jet JTD, there is a later variant with the
'm' suffix (modificato, or something close) which has lower CO2 emissions
and falls into a lower VED band. Performance wise I understand both to be
150bhp although the 'm' returns slightly better mpg.

Now then, how does one spot a JTDm? Seems that anything '06' registered
will be JTDm, '05' JTD, 55 could be either. Is the only way to be sure to
look at the V5?

Many thanks

Alan

Old June 10th 08, 08:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:58:39 +0100, "Alan Rogers"
> wrote:

>Oh what a can of worms this is.
>
>UKcentric post.
>
>AIUI all Diesel 1.9 GTs are 16v M-Jet JTD, there is a later variant with the
>'m' suffix (modificato, or something close) which has lower CO2 emissions
>and falls into a lower VED band. Performance wise I understand both to be
>150bhp although the 'm' returns slightly better mpg.
>
>Now then, how does one spot a JTDm? Seems that anything '06' registered
>will be JTDm, '05' JTD, 55 could be either. Is the only way to be sure to
>look at the V5?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Alan

Frankly, as a longer term Alfa owner, any VED saving is going to look
like pennies compared to the cost of maintaining the beast! A review
of my car pointed out that it costs the same as a Porsche Boxter to
maintain. After 7 years, I've no reason to doubt it. :-(

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject will be auto-deleted..sorry!)