Cruise Control Problem 2000 Jetta

Old August 22nd 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Chris[_3_]

Default Cruise Control Problem 2000 Jetta

2000 Jetta GL 2.0

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. When I set the
cruise control it works for a short period of time 10-15 mins. Then it
kicks off and will not let you set it again until a later date, like a
different day. Anyone have a place for me to start?

Also replacing the timing belt and tensioner soon. If you have and
helpful hints for that one also. I have heard that its not a bad idea
to replace the water pump while I'm there.

Any helpful tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Old August 24th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
RepairJunkie

I changed the timing belt and water pump on a 96 Jetta. On mine, it's
a good idea to change the thermostat at the same time because (if I
remember right) it's just about attached to the water pump. Of course
-- be really, really careful about keeping everything synchronized with
the timing belt. I never could find the alignment marks on the
crankshaft. I have both a Haynes and the Shop Manual. They said it
was inside a peep hole on the transaxle housing but I couldn't tell
what was what -- I didn't even breath around the thing when I slipped
the old belt off.

No clue about the cruise control. Mine hasn't worked for years and I
haven't tried to fix it. I'm too busy.

Good Luck
Mike

Old August 24th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
RepairJunkie

I changed the timing belt and water pump on a 96 Jetta. On mine, it's
a good idea to change the thermostat at the same time because (if I
remember right) it's just about attached to the water pump. Of course
-- be really, really careful about keeping everything synchronized with
the timing belt. I never could find the alignment marks on the
crankshaft. I have both a Haynes and the Shop Manual. They said it
was inside a peep hole on the transaxle housing but I couldn't tell
what was what -- I didn't even breath around the thing when I slipped
the old belt off.

No clue about the cruise control. Mine hasn't worked for years and I
haven't tried to fix it. I'm too busy.

Good Luck
Mike

Infiniti Intelligent Cruise Control Failure [email protected] Driving 8 May 2nd 06 04:51 AM
1996 Ford Explorer - Cruise Control Trouble Alex Ford Explorer 4 January 20th 06 01:06 PM
e36 cruise control problem James BMW 2 March 29th 05 02:11 AM
cruise control for 156 1.6TS 2000 Guus Obelink Alfa Romeo 3 October 13th 04 09:25 AM
78 Audi 5000 Cruise Control Warning Light Problem TurboBanana Audi 2 May 25th 04 03:40 PM