FAO Steve H

Old May 7th 06, 08:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default FAO Steve H

Are you lurking here this evening as well as Ebay?

Old May 7th 06, 08:38 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"SteveH" > wrote in message
>I can call you Betty > wrote:
>
>> Are you lurking here this evening as well as Ebay?

> I am, yes.
>
> I was getting worried about that, you know.
>
> Anyway, about that cambelt ;-)
> --
> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
> http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - MZ ETZ300 - Alfa 75 TSpark
> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

Steve,

I know you, this is not the car for you! I have driven it several times and
whilst I am a petrol head I would suggest you dont get this!
It has been run on normal oil for starters!
Cambelt has not been done yet
It is a good car and for the money is fine, but, although I am sure it will
go for years I think you would be unhappy with it overall

Alex

Old May 7th 06, 08:40 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Old May 7th 06, 08:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

I can call you Betty > wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> >I can call you Betty > wrote:
> >
> >> Are you lurking here this evening as well as Ebay?

> > I am, yes.
> >
> > I was getting worried about that, you know.
> >
> > Anyway, about that cambelt ;-)

> Steve,
>
> I know you, this is not the car for you! I have driven it several times and
> whilst I am a petrol head I would suggest you dont get this!
> It has been run on normal oil for starters!
> Cambelt has not been done yet
> It is a good car and for the money is fine, but, although I am sure it will
> go for years I think you would be unhappy with it overall

Normal oil isn't a problem, cambelt is, given the price it's on the
website for ;-)
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 7th 06, 08:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"SteveH" > wrote in message
>I can call you Betty > wrote:
>
>> > Normal oil isn't a problem, cambelt is, given the price it's on the
>> > website for ;-)

>> We would do the cambelt in the forecourt price, but not at Ebay price
>> mate!
>> Just trying to be honest!

> Heh, I appreciate the honesty.
>
> It's tempting at the ebay price, though ;-)
> --
> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
> http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - MZ ETZ300 - Alfa 75 TSpark
> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

Then bid bid bid!

Old May 7th 06, 08:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Old May 7th 06, 08:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Old May 7th 06, 09:01 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

I can call you Betty > wrote:

> >> We would do the cambelt in the forecourt price, but not at Ebay price
> >> mate!
> >> Just trying to be honest!

> > Heh, I appreciate the honesty.
> >
> > It's tempting at the ebay price, though ;-)

> Then bid bid bid!

Took me too long to work out how to get to Nottingham from Cardiff.....
you're probably right, though, wasn't for me, I'd be paranoid about the
cambelt letting go on the way home!
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 7th 06, 09:27 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

SteveH wrote:

> I can call you Betty > wrote:

>> > Heh, I appreciate the honesty.
>> >
>> > It's tempting at the ebay price, though ;-)

>> Then bid bid bid!

> Took me too long to work out how to get to Nottingham from Cardiff.....
> you're probably right, though, wasn't for me, I'd be paranoid about the
> cambelt letting go on the way home!

Get a room, you two
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old May 7th 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Catman" > wrote in message
m...
> SteveH wrote:
>
>> I can call you Betty > wrote:

>>> Then bid bid bid!

>> Took me too long to work out how to get to Nottingham from Cardiff.....
>> you're probably right, though, wasn't for me, I'd be paranoid about the
>> cambelt letting go on the way home!

> Get a room, you two
> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
> Triumph Speed Triple: Black with extra black bits
> www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

get you!