Selling my used rFactor? I Would like to know...

Old October 3rd 05, 06:38 PM
PlowBoy

Default Selling my used rFactor? I Would like to know...

I like rFactor, don't get me wrong, but really it is too time consuming for
the old fart that "I am" becoming.

So I would like to know, how can I sell my interest in the rFactor game I
bought just 3 short weeks ago. Yeah I'll most likely discount the price (as
most would). I want to have a go at GTlegends instead, and Im not positive
I want to sell it, but it isn't like I have a CDBOX or anything to put on
the shelf or ebay either. Merely that the spare $ for me to spend, is
vanishing quickly with $3.00 gas (just to get to work). Higher Diesel
costs with my other "official hobby" consuming now which is using $12 per
gallon racing with Premix oil fuel, Diesel truck & gear and camper, that is
getting 12mpg at best, & driving average of 300 miles to several events
(motorcycle related if it matters).

Back to my point, My point is 2 sided, I've bought rFactor just as I bought:
NSR, all what 7copies of Papy's NASCAR sims, plus GPL, and other tittles
like MS Flight Simulator, and multitudes of other games that I sold off as I
found I was not 'driven' to play them.

PS I didn't post this in flame, Im not going to argue the merits of the game
or keeping it, I like it just fine. I just cant get into making myself
learn all about setting up all these different cars & options that might
exist on each class of each car, just in case I find an Unlocked server with
several decent people.

I find myself doing more laps in the GTlegends demo even though it is
OFFLINE, than I see myself ever doing in rFactor. And I could be in same
boat with GTL when it arrives...

Im frustrated with rFactor that is probably the biggest part.

Partly is because since everyone (for lack of better term "cheated") and
unlocked every cars, and only race the "wicked" cars for online purposes,
and because I don't have time or the energy, for the huge learning curve for
each model and each mod to the model. I joined 4 races so far, the 1st 2 I
had the basic "mustang" body car that was no match for any of the other
fully unlocked and modded cars on the track. Oy, what fun.

But at least the f3 cars were fun.

I personally loved the slower 'closer to stock street cars' as they were
easier for me to deal with. I know, your mileage will vary.

Here's to greener pastures, and better hopps,

plowboy.

Old October 4th 05, 02:13 PM

I agree that rFactor is a quality sim, but does take quite a bit of
time to get proficient at - mainly due to the widely varying types of
cars and tracks available. This situation will only intensify, as more
mods are released. Of course, if you have the time this is a good
thing, as the variety of racing types keeps rFactor from feeling
"stale".

I assume you plan to sell your rFactor "unlock code", as there really
isn't any media to sell. If that is the case, and the price is right,
I'd be willing to deal with ya. I'm currently running a "trial
version" (cracked exe) of rFactor, which has proven to me that I want
to buy the product. I'm thinking I could send you a cashier's check or
money order, and you could email the unlock code (after successfully
cashing the check). You can email me at the following address if you
want to deal...
patdotszuchatswagelokdotcom (replace the "dot"s and "at" with the
obvious)

Old October 4th 05, 05:47 PM
PlowBoy

Im interested, Ill be sending an email... if it dont go, reply to me again
at sting32 at gmail ...

BTW, I could & would rather do paypal, but flexable.

Old October 4th 05, 05:51 PM
JTB

Maybe your just getting old like me and just don't enjoy playing games as
much as you used to. I don't. I still enjoy them some, but not like in the
past. We all gotta grow up sometime, I guess. :-)

JT

Old October 4th 05, 06:11 PM
PlowBoy

I feel that (what you wrote about getting old and growing up) *is* my
problem, but for some reason, Ill skip supper ( can afford to) to run GT
Legends Demo, I cannot wait for it to be out in the USA...

So I was fishing for interest in my keycode for rFactor so I could take the
dough and get GTlegends ordered up, I can hardly wait.
JTB enlightened us with:

Old October 4th 05, 08:36 PM
Tony Rickard

JTB wrote:
> Maybe your just getting old like me and just don't enjoy playing games as
> much as you used to. I don't. I still enjoy them some, but not like in the
> past. We all gotta grow up sometime, I guess. :-)

So how old is old? I'd like to start planning for adulthood if games
aren't part of it...

Tony
Old October 4th 05, 10:20 PM
PlowBoy

Tony,

you married, have kids?? I could toss out steriotypical jabs, but I saw the
Smiley...

I never used to think ahead, now I try to, but you know it is NOT natural
everytime. there will be a time. But what I am finding is, My 11 year old
son and I are doing many MORE things now, not that we didnt do much before,
life is busy. but definitly more now. but it was easier back when he went
to bed early and all that. Now I do more with less just me time, yo might
say, so TIME is of the essence I dont have any it seems (not complaining
really). I cant wait for winter, long hours been killing me (daylight).
wanna run my leagues (Nascar03), and dont see me having the time I always
thought I had, when I was younger...

So to me, I guess that is "getting old." (about to turn 40). now when I am
retired and rich (ha ha), instead of bothering the kids, and or the wife, Im
sure there will be a PC (or whatever is along then) I would love to have,
almost as much as the REAL thing, least that is me thinking ahead a little,
I assume.

Tony Rickard enlightened us with:
> JTB wrote:
>> Maybe your just getting old like me and just don't enjoy playing
>> games as much as you used to. I don't. I still enjoy them some,
>> but not like in the past. We all gotta grow up sometime, I guess.
>> :-)

> So how old is old? I'd like to start planning for adulthood if games
> aren't part of it...
>
> Tony

Selling red 93 with hardtop.. should I sell hardtop separately? [email protected] Mazda 3 August 24th 05 07:47 AM
Selling complete engine and other parts Alias Ford Mustang 1 June 2nd 05 02:11 AM
Selling Price Glenn VW water cooled 5 May 29th 05 05:21 PM
Selling MK3 Navigation and a CPT7000 phone dweezil BMW 0 December 27th 04 04:11 PM