Gear change and Air Con

Old September 21st 04, 02:53 PM
Ballymoney

Default Gear change and Air Con

I have a 2001 147 1.6TS Lusso and am experiencing problems with the gear
change. The gear lever feels very stiff and sticky, so rather than
smoothly changing from 2nd to 3rd, 4th to 5th, and 5th to 3rd or 4th it
feels like i really have to push/pull the gear stick over. Is anyone else
experienceing similar problems with their gear change. It used to be soo
smooth.

Also, the air con, when on Low or a cool setting, basically makes the car
viberate when idle. It doesn't seem to do this when i have it on a warmer
setting though. Again, anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Thanks in advance for your help
Mark

Old September 22nd 04, 08:40 AM
PhilipS

> Also, the air con, when on Low or a cool setting, basically makes the car
> viberate when idle. It doesn't seem to do this when i have it on a warmer
> setting though. Again, anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Can't help on the gearchange but mine has always run noticeable
rougher at idle with the A/C on. Got the garage to look at it once,
thinking that perhaps there was something wrong with the AC
compressor, and thus putting too much resistance on the engine. But
everything was ok.

It was probably only noticeable by me though, not sure how much of a
vibration you are talking about!

Philip
Old September 22nd 04, 08:42 AM
Jacopo

Mine has this problem too, but only at idle and with the engine cold. I
think it's compressor fault, or maybe the services cambelts.

--
Jacopo
Prato, Italia

m...

Old October 3rd 04, 08:40 AM
Graeme Cosgrove

I had a similar fault with 4th gear a few months ago. Alfa changed the gear
and the clutch under warranty and the problem was solved. Expensive job
though.

lkaboutautos.com...