A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Ford Mustang
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

1990 ford mustang ac help

Old June 9th 13, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default 1990 ford mustang ac help

I am so frustrated. I have a 1990 mustang with factory air.Last year, I attempted to retrofit the car. However, the receiver drier I purchased would not attach to the compressor manifold/blocks. Inside the low pressure block was some sort of clip or something that kept the hose that is part of the receiver/dryer from going all the way in. I tried to pry it out and basically ruined the block. This year I attempted to do this again and paid 80 bucks for a used compressor off of ebay just to get the blocks because I could not fin them anywhere. And those have this clip or whatever it is too.

I thought maybe autozone gave me the wrong receiver/dryer so I had them order another one and it is exactly like the old one. All I want is to fix this thing so I can drive it once in awhile to keep from putting a lot of miles on my new truck but it seems everything is working against me.

Here are some pictures of what I am talking about:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3873b083.jpg
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3819f939.jpg

Has anyone out there ran into this or can anyone help me?
Ads
Old June 10th 13, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
AMiews
external usenet poster

> wrote in message
I am so frustrated. I have a 1990 mustang with factory air.Last year, I
attempted to retrofit the car. However, the receiver drier I purchased would
not attach to the compressor manifold/blocks. Inside the low pressure block
was some sort of clip or something that kept the hose that is part of the
receiver/dryer from going all the way in. I tried to pry it out and
basically ruined the block. This year I attempted to do this again and paid
80 bucks for a used compressor off of ebay just to get the blocks because I
could not fin them anywhere. And those have this clip or whatever it is too.

I thought maybe autozone gave me the wrong receiver/dryer so I had them
order another one and it is exactly like the old one. All I want is to fix
this thing so I can drive it once in awhile to keep from putting a lot of
miles on my new truck but it seems everything is working against me.

Here are some pictures of what I am talking about:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...819f939.jpgHas anyone out there ran into this or can anyone help me?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<I had a 93, and messed around with AC, no problems like you have though, I thought the dryer was over on the passenger firewall (?rustymemory),I detached the compresor, and then the coil at the radiator with thoseplastic things, then reattached it all, and had a shop pump it down. noproblems. this shop also knew where I could get cusome hoses made, had toget one made for supercharger, rotated AC bracket needed longer hose.Is that clip suppose to expand over the metel hose part ?

Old June 17th 13, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 18:08:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>I am so frustrated. I have a 1990 mustang with factory air.Last year, I attempted to retrofit the car. However, the receiver drier I purchased would not attach to the compressor manifold/blocks. Inside the low pressure block was some sort of clip or something that kept the hose that is part of the receiver/dryer from going all the way in. I tried to pry it out and basically ruined the block. This year I attempted to do this again and paid 80 bucks for a used compressor off of ebay just to get the blocks because I could not fin them anywhere. And those have this clip or whatever it is too.
>
>I thought maybe autozone gave me the wrong receiver/dryer so I had them order another one and it is exactly like the old one. All I want is to fix this thing so I can drive it once in awhile to keep from putting a lot of miles on my new truck but it seems everything is working against me.
>
>Here are some pictures of what I am talking about:
>
>
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3873b083.jpg
>http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3819f939.jpg
>
>Has anyone out there ran into this or can anyone help me?

take a hacksaw (put paper towel in the pipe to keep chips from getting
in) and just shorten the end of the pipe that's hitting the clip. If
there is room you could cut it would a pipe cutter instead of a saw.