ZL1 Runs 11s

Old May 7th 12, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default ZL1 Runs 11s

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2012/...lete.html#more

Next up the 662 horsepower GT500. Being a little lighter and with
about 80 more HP, could we see low 11s?

Patrick
Old May 7th 12, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article
" > wrote:

> http://www.thetorquereport.com/2012/...plete.html#mor
>
> Next up the 662 horsepower GT500. Being a little lighter and with
> about 80 more HP, could we see low 11s?
>
> Patrick

A bad ass camaro. Am I the only one getting tired of halo lights?

Back to the mustang, I got a chuckle out of "Ford also points out that
the 2013 Shelby GT500 is the most fuel efficient engine in America with
over 550 horsepower. It's rated at 15 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the
highway."

Wow 15/24 mpg! That's some great gas mileage! <grin> Ok, it probably is.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.
Old May 8th 12, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On May 7, 10:59*am, twk > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> " > wrote:
> >http://www.thetorquereport.com/2012/...o_zl1_complete...

> > Next up the 662 horsepower GT500. *Being a little lighter and with
> > about 80 more HP, could we see low 11s?

> > Patrick

> A bad ass camaro. Am I the only one getting tired of halo lights?
>
> Back to the mustang, I got a chuckle out of "Ford also points out that
> the 2013 Shelby GT500 is the most fuel efficient engine in America with
> over 550 horsepower. It's rated at 15 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the
> highway."
>
> Wow 15/24 mpg! That's some great gas mileage! <grin> Ok, it probably is.

550 and 24 is great. But 650 (2103 specs) is pretty amazing.

Patrick

Old May 14th 12, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RichA

On May 7, 10:38*am, "
> wrote:
> http://www.thetorquereport.com/2012/...o_zl1_complete...
>
> Next up the 662 horsepower GT500. *Being a little lighter and with
> about 80 more HP, could we see low 11s?
>
> Patrick

1968 Hemi Dart: 10.8s
Old May 19th 12, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"twk" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> " > wrote:
>
>> http://www.thetorquereport.com/2012/...plete.html#mor
>>
>> Next up the 662 horsepower GT500. Being a little lighter and with
>> about 80 more HP, could we see low 11s?
>>
>> Patrick

> A bad ass camaro. Am I the only one getting tired of halo lights?
>
> Back to the mustang, I got a chuckle out of "Ford also points out that
> the 2013 Shelby GT500 is the most fuel efficient engine in America with
> over 550 horsepower. It's rated at 15 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the
> highway."
>
> Wow 15/24 mpg! That's some great gas mileage! <grin> Ok, it probably is.
>
> --
> For all you know this message was...
> Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

Yep. My '93 5.0 (with 205 horses) hasn't seen 24mpg in years, under any
circumstances, if it ever did.

dwight

Old May 19th 12, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 5/19/2012 08:57, dwight wrote:
>> Back to the mustang, I got a chuckle out of "Ford also points out that
>> the 2013 Shelby GT500 is the most fuel efficient engine in America with
>> over 550 horsepower. It's rated at 15 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the
>> highway."
>>
>> Wow 15/24 mpg! That's some great gas mileage! <grin> Ok, it probably is.
>>
>> --
>> For all you know this message was...
>> Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

> Yep. My '93 5.0 (with 205 horses) hasn't seen 24mpg in years, under any
> circumstances, if it ever did.
>
> dwight

Mine runs about 16-18 if I'm civilized, but we know how hard that
is. The Titan got 12 with all the mods and running a hi perf tune. The
TDI, I get 50 all day long around town. Yes, I said in town. Yes, that's
better than a Prius. And it will whip a Prius in speed and handling. And
I havn't even started the mods yet.