Yet another split hose!

Old November 13th 10, 06:09 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Default Yet another split hose!

The 156 1.9jtd has been running a bit lumpy of late,
smoking quite a bit, and using More fuel.

Today #1 son had a listen under the bonnet and located the
induction noise as a split in the air intake hose into the
top of the engine.

Not costed it yet, but the last hose - intercooler, at the
bottom of the engine, cost a ridiculous £75 for 18" of
tube!

I don't think the top hose is under as much pressure as the
bottom hose, so hopefully my bicycle puncture repair
patches reinforced with some rubber hose wrapped around and
secured with tie wraps might serve for a while.

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old November 13th 10, 07:59 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

R C Nesbit wrote:
> The 156 1.9jtd has been running a bit lumpy of late,
> smoking quite a bit, and using More fuel.

Not good

> Today #1 son had a listen under the bonnet and located the
> induction noise as a split in the air intake hose into the
> top of the engine.

That would do it

> Not costed it yet, but the last hose - intercooler, at the
> bottom of the engine, cost a ridiculous £75 for 18" of
> tube!

Much silliness[1]

> I don't think the top hose is under as much pressure as the
> bottom hose, so hopefully my bicycle puncture repair
> patches reinforced with some rubber hose wrapped around and
> secured with tie wraps might serve for a while.

Beer can and jubilee clips....

[1] I reversed into a wheelie bin. £360!!!!!

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old November 13th 10, 08:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Catman spoke:
> > I don't think the top hose is under as much pressure as the
> > bottom hose, so hopefully my bicycle puncture repair
> > patches reinforced with some rubber hose wrapped around and
> > secured with tie wraps might serve for a while.

> Beer can and jubilee clips....

Nope - sods law dictates that the split is on a bend in hose
:^(

> [1] I reversed into a wheelie bin. £360!!!!!

I did that once! - smashed a mirror on the Galant.
Only cost around a ton though.

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old November 13th 10, 10:58 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

R C Nesbit wrote:
> Catman spoke:
>>> I don't think the top hose is under as much pressure as the
>>> bottom hose, so hopefully my bicycle puncture repair
>>> patches reinforced with some rubber hose wrapped around and
>>> secured with tie wraps might serve for a while.

>> Beer can and jubilee clips....

> Nope - sods law dictates that the split is on a bend in hose
> :^(

Hmm.

Get an inner tube then...

>> [1] I reversed into a wheelie bin. £360!!!!!

> I did that once! - smashed a mirror on the Galant.
> Only cost around a ton though.

Couldn't believe that I'd actually dented the bloody boot lid!

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

A/C Refrigerant Hose blew up, can I use a hose form a 2.7l concordesame year? AFX Chrysler 5 September 8th 08 12:02 AM
'02 Spring Split wdlanning Corvette 2 August 23rd 07 03:37 PM
No CD for NR2003 (my CD split) AdamUK1986 Simulators 15 June 14th 07 12:12 AM
Split the case Joao Eliseu VW air cooled 4 January 17th 05 03:34 PM