156 sidelight bulbs

Old March 30th 10, 07:49 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Default 156 sidelight bulbs

OK, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the 156
(facelift) has a blown front right/offside/drivers side
bulb, and just to add to the fun, the same front
right/offside/drivers side indicator bulb has also gone
AWOL.

Had a quick look-see tonight, in between hail/monsoon
showers, and immediate thought was "**** ...... That!"

Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
from the FOAK here?

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old March 30th 10, 08:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

R C Nesbit > wrote:

> OK, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the 156
> (facelift) has a blown front right/offside/drivers side
> bulb, and just to add to the fun, the same front
> right/offside/drivers side indicator bulb has also gone
> AWOL.
>
> Had a quick look-see tonight, in between hail/monsoon
> showers, and immediate thought was "**** ...... That!"
>
> Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
> knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
> from the FOAK here?

Find someone with small hands to do it for you.

Consider ordering an LED equivalent so you never have to do it again....
--
SteveH
Old March 30th 10, 09:39 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

R C Nesbit wrote:

<fx: reads topic>

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

> OK, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the 156
> (facelift) has a blown front right/offside/drivers side
> bulb, and just to add to the fun, the same front
> right/offside/drivers side indicator bulb has also gone
> AWOL.
>
> Had a quick look-see tonight, in between hail/monsoon
> showers, and immediate thought was "**** ...... That!"
>
> Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
> knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
> from the FOAK here?

Don't. Really don't

I used to live with mine until it was due for a service and Jamie
*hated* me for it.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old March 31st 10, 09:07 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

"R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
> OK, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the 156
> (facelift) has a blown front right/offside/drivers side
> bulb, and just to add to the fun, the same front
> right/offside/drivers side indicator bulb has also gone
> AWOL.
>
> Had a quick look-see tonight, in between hail/monsoon
> showers, and immediate thought was "**** ...... That!"
>
> Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
> knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
> from the FOAK here?
>
> --
> Rob Pearson
> 156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)
> 164 V6 Lusso (gone)

Free of charge, and drawing on my personal experiences of 156
"bulb-changes", I can offer two pieces of advice :

1) If you value keeping all ten finger tips, only drive during the day (this
solves the side-light issue).

2) Wait patiently for advice on changing the indicator bulb. In my 11 years
of 156 ownership, I have never seen a posting on the interweb thingy that
explains how to do front indicator bulbs on a 156 - I personally think it's
impossible, and that you'll need to avoid turns from now on.

Dave S.... ;>))

Old March 31st 10, 09:52 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
> OK, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the 156
> (facelift) has a blown front right/offside/drivers side
> bulb, and just to add to the fun, the same front
> right/offside/drivers side indicator bulb has also gone
> AWOL.
>
> Had a quick look-see tonight, in between hail/monsoon
> showers, and immediate thought was "**** ...... That!"
>
> Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
> knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
> from the FOAK here?

Drive during daylight only and take 3 lefts instead of 1 right.
Alternatively, get taxi plates on the back, then you don't have to signal
any more. Still need to drive in daylight though.

Old March 31st 10, 10:19 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"GT" > wrote in message
> "R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
>> OK, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the 156
>> (facelift) has a blown front right/offside/drivers side
>> bulb, and just to add to the fun, the same front
>> right/offside/drivers side indicator bulb has also gone
>> AWOL.
>>
>> Had a quick look-see tonight, in between hail/monsoon
>> showers, and immediate thought was "**** ...... That!"
>>
>> Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
>> knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
>> from the FOAK here?

> Drive during daylight only and take 3 lefts instead of 1 right.
> Alternatively, get taxi plates on the back, then you don't have to signal
> any more. Still need to drive in daylight though.

Actually, you could do something clever with duc tape and a mini-maglite to
replace the sidelight bulb. Its going to be quicker too! This just leaves
the broken indicator and we already know that taxi plates (fake of course)
resolve that one, so that's the problem solved and the knuckles saved.

Old March 31st 10, 10:24 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "GT" > wrote in message
>> "R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
>>> OK, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the 156
>>> (facelift) has a blown front right/offside/drivers side
>>> bulb, and just to add to the fun, the same front
>>> right/offside/drivers side indicator bulb has also gone
>>> AWOL.
>>>
>>> Had a quick look-see tonight, in between hail/monsoon
>>> showers, and immediate thought was "**** ...... That!"
>>>
>>> Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
>>> knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
>>> from the FOAK here?

>> Drive during daylight only and take 3 lefts instead of 1 right.
>> Alternatively, get taxi plates on the back, then you don't have to signal
>> any more. Still need to drive in daylight though.

> Actually, you could do something clever with duc tape and a mini-maglite to
> replace the sidelight bulb. Its going to be quicker too! This just leaves
> the broken indicator and we already know that taxi plates (fake of course)
> resolve that one, so that's the problem solved and the knuckles saved.

How about a mini maglite, out of the window with orange filter?

Old March 31st 10, 11:02 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:

>>> Drive during daylight only and take 3 lefts instead of 1 right.
>>> Alternatively, get taxi plates on the back, then you don't have to
>>> signal any more. Still need to drive in daylight though.

>> Actually, you could do something clever with duc tape and a mini-maglite
>> to replace the sidelight bulb. Its going to be quicker too! This just
>> leaves the broken indicator and we already know that taxi plates (fake of
>> course) resolve that one, so that's the problem solved and the knuckles
>> saved.

> How about a mini maglite, out of the window with orange filter?

Just a glove out of the window was fine for my grandad!

Old March 31st 10, 11:53 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Don Harding[_2_]

In message >, GT
> writes
>"Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:

>>> Actually, you could do something clever with duc tape and a mini-maglite
>>> to replace the sidelight bulb. Its going to be quicker too! This just
>>> leaves the broken indicator and we already know that taxi plates (fake of
>>> course) resolve that one, so that's the problem solved and the knuckles
>>> saved.

>> How about a mini maglite, out of the window with orange filter?

>Just a glove out of the window was fine for my grandad!

I only ever did the passenger side sidelight, but it was pretty easy. Is
the driver's side more difficult? The only advice I can give is change
the bulb facing away from the car and reaching back.
--
Don Harding
Old March 31st 10, 01:43 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Don Harding wrote:
> In message >, GT
> > writes

>>> How about a mini maglite, out of the window with orange filter?

>> Just a glove out of the window was fine for my grandad!
>>

> I only ever did the passenger side sidelight, but it was pretty easy. Is
> the driver's side more difficult? The only advice I can give is change
> the bulb facing away from the car and reaching back.

/me makes note to try that with Mrs Catman

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

AD: Vests, LED bulbs, xenon-like bulbs at great prices! Hi-Vis.com.pl General 0 August 28th 05 12:59 AM
AD: Vests, LED bulbs, xenon-like bulbs at great prices! Hi-Vis.com.pl Technology 0 August 28th 05 12:59 AM
156 sidelight replacement Catman Alfa Romeo 0 July 22nd 05 03:54 PM
147 sidelight.... cupra Alfa Romeo 2 January 6th 05 10:54 AM
Disaster?! Sidelight problem PhilipS Alfa Romeo 4 December 19th 04 09:29 PM