GPLShift Question

Old October 31st 04, 05:28 PM
BRH

Default GPLShift Question

Do any of you guys use the GPLShift Utility? I tried an older version
quite awhile ago, and it worked pretty well. It allowed you to see into
the upcoming curve. In other words, as you turn the wheel into a curve
(say, to the left) the view shifts slightly farther to the left. It's
as if you've turned your head slightly in anticipation of the curve.

I downloaded the latest version of GPLShift becasue I can't find my
earlier version. This newer version has a lot of "bells and whistles"
that weren't part of the earlier, simpler version. So many that I can't
figure out how to get it to simply do what the old version did. I
installed per the instructions in th readme file. Does anyone know how
to get this to work? I think that I may have to change a setting in an
ini file somewhere to activate it, but I'm not sure.

BTW -- I decided to try this because I'm considering buying an
IRTracker3, which this version of GPLShift supports.

Any help with getting this to work in "normal" mode (no IR Tracker for
now) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bert

Old October 31st 04, 05:42 PM
Spede

I have a small program named "GPL Glance" that does the same thing,
don't recall where I got it from but I'm sure it would be still
available thru active gpl sites.

Old October 31st 04, 05:55 PM
JP

Spede > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I have a small program named "GPL Glance" that does the same thing,
> don't recall where I got it from but I'm sure it would be still
> available thru active gpl sites.

Yeah, this is the one I use too. Do like it; beats the " stiff neck/head
that doesn't pivot at all " normal view.
CPR had this in-game iirc, wish Papy would have done so.

Old October 31st 04, 08:40 PM
BRH

Ah ha! That sounds like the one that I used to use. I'll have to search for
it.

I guess that I got confused after checking out the IRTracker3 website that
talked about a similar functionality with GPLShift.

Thanks!

Old November 1st 04, 12:47 AM
BRH

I'm having trouble finding a link for GPL Glance that works. Can you help me
out?

Old November 1st 04, 01:28 AM
JP

http://formula1.jatekok.hu/gpledit_eng.shtml

About halfway down the page. Blackhole Motorsports has it too, but their
page is down for me.

Old November 1st 04, 01:41 AM
BRH

Thanks! I couldn't connect to bhmotorsports either.

Old November 1st 04, 02:51 PM
G. Patricks

I see it available here -

http://home.worldonline.dk/7471000/