330 Mod: Question

Old October 25th 04, 08:18 PM
Steve Smith

Default 330 Mod: Question

Um, is there going to be another car (marque/model) for the 330 Classic mod?

It's not that I don't love the 330 P4--it was one of the greatest race cars
ever--but Ferrari only built 4 of 'em, and it seems a little silly to have a
whole field (43?) of 'em running around as if they were as common as Dodge
Neons.

How abt. their main competition, the Ford GT40. Or the Porsche 917 (which
actually came a scosh later)? Or the Chaparral 2D (or its winged sister,
the 2F)?

Not complaining; just asking.

Old October 25th 04, 09:13 PM
Dave Henrie

"Steve Smith" > wrote in
:

> Um, is there going to be another car (marque/model) for the 330
> Classic mod?
>
> It's not that I don't love the 330 P4--it was one of the greatest race
> cars ever--but Ferrari only built 4 of 'em, and it seems a little
> silly to have a whole field (43?) of 'em running around as if they
> were as common as Dodge Neons.
>
> How abt. their main competition, the Ford GT40. Or the Porsche 917
> (which actually came a scosh later)? Or the Chaparral 2D (or its
> winged sister, the 2F)?
>
> Not complaining; just asking.

The uspits is the place to ask that question. Everyone of those cars
mentioned were nominated by users. I beleive he's going to be making a
4 car mod but I haven't paid too much attention to that subject. With
the Bullrun 1000 comming up I'm much too busy writing fake press
releases.
The Pit's TPTCC online league is dicussing running the 330 mod on off
weeks and one member has even broached the idea of donating several
hundred dollars as prize money to lure competitors for the so-called 2nd
season. I beleive ISRL or one of those Euro leagues is already planning
competition based on the 330 mod. Looks like folks have taken quite a
liking to this effort.
dave henrie

btw...one of my fondest moments in TV race watching was one of the
first broadcasts by Speedvision of the SCCA runnoffs...yes dang near 40
Dodge Neons and a few outmucscled Mazda Miata's went at it around Mid
Ohio. What a GLORIOUS sight that was. <no comments JD!!!!>

dave henrie
Old October 25th 04, 10:07 PM
Steve Smith

Yes, I was in one of those hundred-car fields of Neons (no, I think it was
the Plymouth GLT, a pocket rocket if ever there was one) at Mid-O during a
Car and Driver Reader Challenge or something. I also ran an NSU Prinz in
the Lime Rock Little LeMans ("little sedans for little Le Mans" or, as the
great David E. Davis, Jr., once memorably called them, "sh*tty little cars
for sh*tty little people"), but "glorious" isn't a word that springs readily
to mind to describe the field (OR the driving). We had a giant screwdriver
stick in the tranny tunnel after the shift lever broke off, but it got stuck
in 2nd gear...not quite what you want at The Rock.

. 97.136...

Old October 25th 04, 10:45 PM
Tony Rickard

"Steve Smith" wrote:
> I also ran an NSU Prinz in the Lime Rock Little LeMans

You are a brave man Steve, I remember what an NSU Prinz looks like. Not
something any sane person would admit to racing

Old October 26th 04, 03:44 AM
Greg Campbell

Dave Henrie wrote:

> The Pit's TPTCC online league is dicussing running the 330 mod on off
> weeks and one member has even broached the idea of donating several
> hundred dollars as prize money to lure competitors for the so-called 2nd
> season. I beleive ISRL or one of those Euro leagues is already planning
> competition based on the 330 mod. Looks like folks have taken quite a
> liking to this effort.

> dave henrie

Yea, it's a VERY fun car to drive.

IICC will be running the 330 cars in a few weeks.
http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/iicc/

We run two races, both at 6:30pm, Saturday and Sunday; and 3 'sprint'
runs at 6:30(?) Wed~Fri evening.

-Greg
Old October 26th 04, 01:18 PM
Steve Smith

Good show! Depending on the tracks involved (where is Imola when we need
it?), I will definitely be racing this mod online!

Old October 26th 04, 03:02 PM
mcewena

The TPTCC Regulars are taking a break on Nov 28th (US thanksgiving) so
we're running the Ferrari 330's as a non-points event that weekend, if
you're interested....

http://www.geocities.com/bbyarker1/tccreg.html

Old October 27th 04, 06:40 AM
Tom Pabst

GT40? Got my attention......especially if I can run it at Infineon!
OOOOOooooooooooh....I'm oozing the salivation gland juice down my chin!
LOL.....

TP

PS: Steve.....if they come out with a GT40 car....let's meet up at Infineon
and go play a couple hundred laps.......deal?

Old October 27th 04, 12:00 PM
Steve Smith

Deal.

Old October 27th 04, 03:52 PM
PAPADOC

What could possibly be the problem if I am only getting 4 gears instead of
5...with the 330 which happens to be absolutely a blast to drive at Spa.

PAPADOC
>Um, is there going to be another car (marque/model) for the 330 Classic mod?
>
>It's not that I don't love the 330 P4--it was one of the greatest race cars
>ever--but Ferrari only built 4 of 'em, and it seems a little silly to have a
>whole field (43?) of 'em running around as if they were as common as Dodge
>Neons.
>
>How abt. their main competition, the Ford GT40. Or the Porsche 917 (which
>actually came a scosh later)? Or the Chaparral 2D (or its winged sister,
>the 2F)?
>
>Not complaining; just asking.

My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html