Problems with Wheel and Rbr demo

Old October 18th 04, 08:26 PM
Xander Vlasveld

"> just like he ignoreed your post--> (Any suggestions next to buying a new
> wheel)
>
> Here is probably the problem, in a generalized nutshell. find the latests
> and greatest drivers for the wheel, or are you using XP? If so, might be
> tough luck there... XP doesnt seem to like the gameport as well. next
> thing could be dirty pots.
>
> Second, RBR likes Seperate pedals, in the readme inside RBR (full version
> I think), I thought that I read that the game looks for the controller and
> tries to uncheck the "combined" axes for pedals. So why not start with
> the wheels setup like the game wants it? IF yo do this, you will probably
> need to uninstall, delete the demo dir, then reinstall? (I dont know an
> easier way, but Im sure others here might iknow exactly what files to get
> rid of, so you dont have to delete & reinstall the demo).
>
> PS TM wheels & drivers were/are just lousy, you might have better luck &
> Enjoyment if you ebay them away (like Destroy said), & Ebay replace with
> some better wheel-pedals

Thanx 4 the input Plowboy,

I finally downloaded the drivers 4 the thrustmaster, and now i could select
a wdm driver in the joystick list.
Calibrated again.. booted up rbr, and no reaction at all from the level
meters in options.
Tried Cmr 2005, and yes, in the options they worked perfectly.I even could
"steer" my way true the menus.
Started the race, and completely nothing... ahhhhhhhh..
I know that a new steering wheel probably will cure my problems.. it's just
that i want to try the games a bit first )
And i'm a system engineer, so i love solving problems, haha...

ok,

gonna try some more things, will let you know how it goes.

Xander

Old October 18th 04, 10:12 PM
Plowboy2

Xander,

I would, if you havent already remove the demo, delete the dir it was in, or
if in the game, (only have it at home) there is a button to redetect input
devices? also, if you click on the controller assignments you can then
change them, as the game waits for an input. At that point you might be
able to figure out which "axis" is doing something funny? I personally
never had this problem, I have XP SP2, but I have the MS wheel (force), so I
only read the 20 or 30 posts of others having the problem, more like
skimmed. Most seemed to fix using some util to fix how Direct X saw and
passed the values of the inputs. search for that DXtweak & RBR, via google
on this group maybe?

Xander Vlasveld enlightened us with:

Old October 19th 04, 07:37 AM
Alan Le

> But in the control panel, the dot is in the middle, and it reacts
correctly
> with the input from the wheel and peddals.
> Strange.. so perhaps sp2 is the problem...

Are your pedals set for combined or dual axis? RBR's controller assigned is
funky. You have to assign accelerator and brake separately for dual and
assign accelerator+brake for combined. Whichever you use, you have to
manually unassign the option(s) you're not using.

Alan

Old October 20th 04, 04:16 PM
straiton

Have u deleted the combined throttle and brake option in RBR, if not select
it, then hit delete.You want throttle on its own axis and brake on its own.
--

Steve H

m...

Old October 21st 04, 03:30 AM
Marc Collins

There are lots of controller problems with RBR, including for those of us
with MOMO wheels that work perfectly in Windows and in every other sim. I
am awaiting the next patch....

Marc

Old October 21st 04, 03:43 AM
Mitch_A

What issues with your Momo Marc? I have the Momo Force and dont notice any
problems other than weak effects. I do use the ECCI 6000 pedals but they
are integrated into the Momo as the stock pedals are so no difference in
wiring.

Mitch

. ..

Old October 27th 04, 04:37 PM
Marc Collins

I have very strong effects, but 3 other problems...and no it isn't just me.
Despite Logitech sponsorship, RBR doesn't work perfectly with all MOMO's.
See discussions at BHMotorsports. Even the post-patch RBR seems to be in a
latre beta state regarding video, sound and controller problems.

Marc

om...

Old October 27th 04, 05:27 PM
Mitch_A

I didnt mean to insinuate the problem was only with your Momo. Another
patch is on the way soon. Hopefully this will help you out.

Old October 28th 04, 11:14 PM
Marc Collins

It did completely solve the problems.

Marc