Latest on bus crash that killed 6 - BLAME THE HIGHWAY

Old March 5th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Latest on bus crash that killed 6 - BLAME THE HIGHWAY

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17442384/

Official cites other wrecks at fatal bus crash site
Exit ramp where baseball team's vehicle plummeted poorly labeled, he says

Updated: 10:31 a.m. MT March 4, 2007

ATLANTA - The highway exit ramp where a bus carrying an Ohio college
baseball team wrecked has been the site of numerous crashes and can be
difficult for drivers to navigate, a federal transportation official
said.

Kitty Higgins, who is leading the National Transportation Safety Board’s
investigation into the fatal accident that killed six people and left
eight still hospitalized, said Saturday that there have been several
crashes at the uncommon, left-hand exit from a car pool lane the bus
drove off. There were no visible signs telling drivers to slow down for
the ramp, which ends at a T-intersection on the overpass, she said.

Higgins also said investigators are trying to determine why the driver
took the exit ramp at full speed. The bus slammed against a concrete
barrier at the top of the ramp early Friday and plummeted off the
overpass onto the interstate below.

There are tire marks at the scene, but it is unclear when the driver
realized his mistake and tried to correct it, Higgins said.

(snip)

--------------

So what if the exit ramp is confusing? That just means the driver should
have slowed down. But idiot americans refuse to slow down - that would
mean the highway has won. Just like the morons that do 85 in a blizzard.
Old March 5th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
Drivers are MURDERERS, a connoisseur of gay kid porn, spewed this crap
in rec.autos.driving:

> So what if the exit ramp is confusing? That just means the driver should
> have slowed down. But idiot americans refuse to slow down - that would
> mean the highway has won. Just like the morons that do 41 in a school zone.

As usual, you are behind the times. Oh, yeah and I corrected your
blather for you.

Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend (a.k.a. SADDAM) admits to being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
Old March 5th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

necromancer > wrote in
th.net:

> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
> Drivers are MURDERERS, a connoisseur of gay kid porn, spewed this crap
> in rec.autos.driving:
>
>> So what if the exit ramp is confusing? That just means the driver
>> should have slowed down. But idiot americans refuse to slow down -
>> that would mean the highway has won. Just like the morons that do 85
>> in a school zone.

> As usual, you are behind the times.

So a monster murders 4 kids and you're defending him?? Get help please you
serial criminal coddler.

Old March 5th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Clark F Morris

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 01:39:16 GMT, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS" > wrote:

>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17442384/
>
>Official cites other wrecks at fatal bus crash site
>Exit ramp where baseball team's vehicle plummeted poorly labeled, he says
>
>Updated: 10:31 a.m. MT March 4, 2007
>
>ATLANTA - The highway exit ramp where a bus carrying an Ohio college
>baseball team wrecked has been the site of numerous crashes and can be
>difficult for drivers to navigate, a federal transportation official
>said.
>
>Kitty Higgins, who is leading the National Transportation Safety Board’s
>investigation into the fatal accident that killed six people and left
>eight still hospitalized, said Saturday that there have been several
>crashes at the uncommon, left-hand exit from a car pool lane the bus
>drove off. There were no visible signs telling drivers to slow down for
>the ramp, which ends at a T-intersection on the overpass, she said.
>
>Higgins also said investigators are trying to determine why the driver
>took the exit ramp at full speed. The bus slammed against a concrete
>barrier at the top of the ramp early Friday and plummeted off the
>overpass onto the interstate below.
>
>There are tire marks at the scene, but it is unclear when the driver
>realized his mistake and tried to correct it, Higgins said.
>
>(snip)
>
>--------------
>
>So what if the exit ramp is confusing? That just means the driver should
>have slowed down. But idiot americans refuse to slow down - that would
>mean the highway has won. Just like the morons that do 85 in a blizzard.

You first have to know that you are on an exit ramp. Left hand exits
are unusual and places where the mainline veers to the right are not
that common (not including equal splits like 75 and 85). Since HOV
lanes have sometimes been single lanes even that narrowing wouldn't
necessarily give an indication that the person is on an exit ramp. Of
course the driver may have been on the road for twelve hours by that
point and the thought processes not as quick as they should have been.
Old March 5th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Joe Blasi

There is also a big road split at the next exit and hov lane spits off
with a ramp and does not exit so the driver may of been confused by a
pre-exit sign.
Old March 5th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Drivers are MURDERERS said in rec.autos.driving:
> necromancer > wrote in
> th.net:
>
> > Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
> > Drivers are MURDERERS, a connoisseur of gay kid porn, spewed this crap
> > in rec.autos.driving:
> >
> >> So what if the exit ramp is confusing? That just means the driver
> >> should have slowed down. But idiot americans refuse to slow down -
> >> that would mean the highway has won. Just like the morons that do 85
> >> in a school zone.

> > As usual, you are behind the times.

> So a monster murders 4 kids and you're defending him??

We've already discussed him, you moron. Learn how to read.

**CODDLE**CODDLE**CODDLE**CODDLE**CODDLE**CODDLE** CODDLE****CODDLE**CODD
LE**CODDLE**CODDLE**CODDLE**CODDLE**CODDLE****CODD LE**CODDLE**CODDLE**CO
[...]

"There's not a shred of evidence that the jerries murdered anything
close to 7 million jooz. Another monstrous lie just like the 9-11
official story. "

-- Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 12/01/2004
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/9oog5
Old March 5th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Harry K

On Mar 4, 8:02 pm, Joe Blasi > wrote:
> There is also a big road split at the next exit and hov lane spits off
> with a ramp and does not exit so the driver may of been confused by a
> pre-exit sign.

I find the OP article highly suspect. I do not believe that an exit
ramp off a freeway ending at a stop will have no signage at all about
slowing down or an upcoming stop. I should think that if there have
been many accidents at an intersection some investigator, at least by
the time the 3rd or 4th one occured would have noticed the lack of
signage.

Harry K

Old March 5th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
tinydancer

"Harry K" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 4, 8:02 pm, Joe Blasi > wrote:
> > There is also a big road split at the next exit and hov lane spits off
> > with a ramp and does not exit so the driver may of been confused by a
> > pre-exit sign.

> I find the OP article highly suspect. I do not believe that an exit
> ramp off a freeway ending at a stop will have no signage at all about
> slowing down or an upcoming stop. I should think that if there have
> been many accidents at an intersection some investigator, at least by
> the time the 3rd or 4th one occured would have noticed the lack of
> signage.
>
> Harry K

I saw a simulation of the accident on one of the news channels yesterday.
To put it mildly, this *exit ramp* is an accident waiting to happen. And
all reports are that there have been many *accidents* at this particular
place.

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Ohio baseball players who were on a bus that
plunged off an Atlanta overpass struggled Saturday to comprehend the tragedy
that killed four of their teammates, the bus driver and the driver's wife.

The Bluffton University players' friends and families arrived in Georgia
Saturday to pay their respects and check on the surviving players, all of
whom were hurt in Friday's crash.

Highway safety experts investigating the crash, which killed six and injured
29, will study whether the design of a left-side Interstate highway exit may
have been a factor in the accident, an official said Saturday.

The bus, which was being driven by a fresh driver during an overnight trip,
drove up a left-side exit on Interstate 75 just north of downtown and
crossed a multilane highway overpass before crashing though a guardrail and
plunging onto the highway below, said National Transportation Safety Board
Member Kitty Higgins.

"We know that there have been numerous accidents at Exit 252 for Northside
Drive," Higgins said, referring to the accident site, where a high-occupancy
vehicle (HOV) lane and an exit lane run side by side.

"We are also interested in the history of the HOV lane and exit ramp design
and will be looking at the signage, highway markings and other motorist
warning devices that were available before exiting at that particular spot."

There were no skid marks leading up to a stop sign at the end of the exit,
police said.

Witnesses said there was "no indication that there was a concerted effort to
stop the bus" before it reached the top of the exit ramp and entered the
multi-lane bridge over the highway, said Maj. Calvin Moss, commander of
special operations for Atlanta police.

The bus was not equipped with an electronic data recorder that might have
provided more information about the last seconds before the fatal crash,
Higgins said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/03/03/bus.crash/

82 other wrecks reported at ramp
Georgia officials don't plan immediate changes to exit; Bluffton players
start home
The NTSB said Saturday that the accident site has had numerous crashes and
can be difficult for drivers to navigate. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
reported that an analysis of the state transportation database showed 82
other accidents on the ramp with two deaths. Spear said he could not confirm
that number.

"I don't believe that's an inordinately high number in a major metropolitan
area," Spear said. "Certainly there have not been any accidents with the
severity of what we witnessed."

There are two "Prepare to Stop" signs on the ramp, which exits off the left
lane, and the same words are painted on the ramp itself, he said.

"Our view of that ramp has been that it is in total compliance with industry
design standards," Spear said.

Fred Hanscom, director of independent consulting group Transportation
Research Corp., said the ramp could have larger signs, a stoplight at the
top or pavement grooves that make a noise to warn drivers to slow down.

"The fact that this ramp went almost parallel with the main line (of the
interstate) was a confusing factor," Hanscom said. "Drivers normally expect
ramps to go to the right and not the left."

There are tire marks at the scene, but it is unclear when the driver
realized his mistake and tried to correct it, said Kitty Higgins, who is
leading the NTSB's investigation.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/news...p?story=250816

Old March 5th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
dcduxbury

I know... do not feed the troll... but I couldn't resist this one.

You parroted
«So what if the exit ramp is confusing? That just means the driver
should
have slowed down. But idiot americans refuse to slow down - that
would
mean the highway has won. Just like the morons that do 85 in a
blizzard.»

Speed probably had very little to do with the accident. Unless the bus
had hit the barrier at a ridiculously low speed, my guess is that the
height and weight of the bus would still be enough to cause it to flip
over what some consider an inadequate barrier. From there, gravity
takes over. It doesn't matter how fast you're going, a 30 foot drop is
likely to result in death.

-DCDuxbury

Old March 5th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
tinydancer

"dcduxbury" > wrote in message
oups.com...
I know... do not feed the troll... but I couldn't resist this one.

troll? If you are going to cross-post these stories to other ngs, then be
prepared for nyms you aren't familiar with. I have been a constant poster,
most would say *respected*, on alt.true-crime for many years. I'd hardly
call that a *troll*.

You parroted
«So what if the exit ramp is confusing? That just means the driver
should
have slowed down. But idiot americans refuse to slow down - that
would
mean the highway has won. Just like the morons that do 85 in a
blizzard.»

As for parroting, I parrotted nothing. This so called *exit ramp*, ran
parallel to the HOV lane, and from the photo's I've seen, it is
indistinguishable from the HOV lane until it's nearly too late to react
successfully. I'd imagine even more so at night. The driver of this bus,
from what I've read, had always had a 'good reputation' as a driver and had
driven this team multiple times in the past.

td