Charger Adds 426 Cubes Of Muscle

Old January 2nd 12, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Charger Adds 426 Cubes Of Muscle

Only for off-road/racing use, but still pretty cool.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109999

C'mon Dodge, lop off two doors, add a manual trans and you'd have a
very sweet package.

Patrick
Old January 5th 12, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scammed Public

On Jan 2, 2:33*pm, " >
wrote:
> Only for off-road/racing use, but still pretty cool.
>
> http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109999
>
> C'mon Dodge, lop off two doors, add a manual trans and you'd have a
> very sweet package.
>
> Patrick

it's a pity they can't get the crate motors to meet emission
standards. Update the original, REAL Hemi with a modern ignition and
computer system, you'd have a lot of buyers wanting for it as an
option. But put it in the Challenger as a step above the 392 and below
the V10 in the drag car.
Old January 5th 12, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 5, 11:57*am, Scammed Public > wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2:33*pm, " >
> wrote:
>
> > Only for off-road/racing use, but still pretty cool.

> >http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109999

> > C'mon Dodge, lop off two doors, add a manual trans and you'd have a
> > very sweet package.

> it's a pity they can't get the crate motors to meet emission
> standards.

I agree. But I doubt that would/will stop some from plopping the 426
in a slightly used Charger/300 or Challenger R/T.

>Update the original, REAL Hemi with a modern ignition and
> computer system, you'd have a lot of buyers wanting for it as an
> option. But put it in the Challenger as a step above the 392 and below
> the V10 in the drag car.

I imagine by the time you updated the old Hemi to pass emissions,
you'd have the new Hemi. With the Viper coming back, maybe it's time
to certify the new 426 for entry-level Vipers and top-level
Challengers.

Patrick

Old January 24th 12, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scammed Public

On Jan 5, 1:43*pm, " >
wrote:
> On Jan 5, 11:57*am, Scammed Public > wrote:
>
> > On Jan 2, 2:33*pm, " >
> > wrote:

> > > Only for off-road/racing use, but still pretty cool.

> > >http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109999

> > > C'mon Dodge, lop off two doors, add a manual trans and you'd have a
> > > very sweet package.

> > it's a pity they can't get the crate motors to meet emission
> > standards.

> I agree. *But I doubt that would/will stop some from plopping the 426
> in a slightly used Charger/300 or Challenger R/T.
>
> >Update the original, REAL Hemi with a modern ignition and
> > computer system, you'd have a lot of buyers wanting for it as an
> > option. But put it in the Challenger as a step above the 392 and below
> > the V10 in the drag car.

> I imagine by the time you updated the old Hemi to pass emissions,
> you'd have the new Hemi.

I don't even know if the current Hemis have hemispherical combustion
chambers.
Old January 24th 12, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 24, 8:18*am, Scammed Public > wrote:
> On Jan 5, 1:43*pm, " >
> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 5, 11:57*am, Scammed Public > wrote:

> > > it's a pity they can't get the crate motors to meet emission
> > > standards.

> > I agree. *But I doubt that would/will stop some from plopping the 426
> > in a slightly used Charger/300 or Challenger R/T.

> > >Update the original, REAL Hemi with a modern ignition and
> > > computer system, you'd have a lot of buyers wanting for it as an
> > > option. But put it in the Challenger as a step above the 392 and below
> > > the V10 in the drag car.

> > I imagine by the time you updated the old Hemi to pass emissions,
> > you'd have the new Hemi.

> I don't even know if the current Hemis have hemispherical combustion
> chambers.

In the traditional sense, no. But there's no mistaking the HP they
put out.

Patrick
Old January 24th 12, 10:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article
" > wrote:

> On Jan 24, 8:18*am, Scammed Public > wrote:
> > On Jan 5, 1:43*pm, " >
> > wrote:

> > > I agree. *But I doubt that would/will stop some from plopping the 426
> > > in a slightly used Charger/300 or Challenger R/T.

> > > I imagine by the time you updated the old Hemi to pass emissions,
> > > you'd have the new Hemi.

> > I don't even know if the current Hemis have hemispherical combustion
> > chambers.

> In the traditional sense, no. But there's no mistaking the HP they
> put out.
>
> Patrick

The new Hemi's don't have hemispherical combustion chambers?
I assumed they did. What does "Hemi" indicate then?

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.
Old January 24th 12, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 1/24/2012 08:18, Scammed Public wrote:I agree. But I doubt that
would/will stop some from plopping the 426
>> in a slightly used Charger/300 or Challenger R/T.
>>
>>> Update the original, REAL Hemi with a modern ignition and
>>> computer system, you'd have a lot of buyers wanting for it as an
>>> option. But put it in the Challenger as a step above the 392 and below
>>> the V10 in the drag car.

>> I imagine by the time you updated the old Hemi to pass emissions,
>> you'd have the new Hemi.

> I don't even know if the current Hemis have hemispherical combustion
> chambers.

As much as my 5.6 DOHC Nissan.
Old January 27th 12, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake twk > :

>In article
>,
> " > wrote:
>
>> On Jan 24, 8:18*am, Scammed Public > wrote:

>> > I don't even know if the current Hemis have hemispherical combustion
>> > chambers.

>> In the traditional sense, no. But there's no mistaking the HP they
>> put out.
>>
>> Patrick

>The new Hemi's don't have hemispherical combustion chambers?
>I assumed they did. What does "Hemi" indicate then?

"Hemi", a trademark of Dodge. Although there have been at least two
fights in the past that "hemi" in relation to automotive engines was
used well before Dodge (Chrysler Corporation) trademarked it.

One need only look back at the 354's. Everybody was calling them
hemis.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

So Kim Jung Ill shows up at the barbecue. "Wait,"
says Qadaffi, "you don't have any peircings." "If you
starve your people enough they'll be too weak to rebbel."
"You have the same number of holes in your head as when
you were born," says bin Laden. "My compound had radar
and antiacraft misslles." "Your neck," shouted Hussein,
"it's the same length." "I didn't **** on W's father."
"Then what happened?" the three asked. "Damned counterfiet
Lipitor and insulin!"