YAY - Another highway speeder charged with murder

Old August 2nd 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

Default YAY - Another highway speeder charged with murder

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...tory?track=rss

Van driver charged in teen crash death
Mourners honor boy as cops review chase

Published July 26, 2006

A Springfield man whose "entire life was a life of crime" was charged
Tuesday with first-degree murder for crashing a speeding van into a
car during a police chase, killing a northwest suburban teenager,
authorities said.

Ralph Lewis, 31, was ordered held in lieu of $1.5 million bail, as
family members and friends remembered Corey Diamond, 16, of Arlington
Heights, who died in the crash, as a passionate musician and friendly
leader.

"Identity theft--that's how Ralph Lewis lived," said Wheeling Deputy
Police Chief John Stone, adding that Lewis' "entire life was a life of
crime." Lewis was wanted for violating parole in an unrelated case.

At least four Buffalo Grove police cars were chasing Lewis when he ran
a red light and crashed a rental van into the Ford Taurus in which
Diamond was riding Sunday night in Wheeling, authorities said.

(snip)

First degree murder at that. Used to be a guy who did this would get
off with a manslaughter charge at worst.

Old August 2nd 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Alan Baker

In article >,
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE > wrote:

> http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...292632.story?t
> rack=rss
>
> Van driver charged in teen crash death
> Mourners honor boy as cops review chase
>
> Published July 26, 2006
>
> A Springfield man whose "entire life was a life of crime" was charged
> Tuesday with first-degree murder for crashing a speeding van into a
> car during a police chase, killing a northwest suburban teenager,
> authorities said.
>
> Ralph Lewis, 31, was ordered held in lieu of $1.5 million bail, as
> family members and friends remembered Corey Diamond, 16, of Arlington
> Heights, who died in the crash, as a passionate musician and friendly
> leader.
>
> "Identity theft--that's how Ralph Lewis lived," said Wheeling Deputy
> Police Chief John Stone, adding that Lewis' "entire life was a life of
> crime." Lewis was wanted for violating parole in an unrelated case.
>
> At least four Buffalo Grove police cars were chasing Lewis when he ran
> a red light and crashed a rental van into the Ford Taurus in which
> Diamond was riding Sunday night in Wheeling, authorities said.
>
> (snip)

> First degree murder at that. Used to be a guy who did this would get
> off with a manslaughter charge at worst.

Utter nonsense.

Look up "felony murder".

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old August 2nd 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Alan Baker wrote:
> In article >,
> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE > wrote:
>
> > http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...292632.story?t
> > rack=rss
> >
> > Van driver charged in teen crash death
> > Mourners honor boy as cops review chase
> >
> > Published July 26, 2006
> >
> > A Springfield man whose "entire life was a life of crime" was charged
> > Tuesday with first-degree murder for crashing a speeding van into a
> > car during a police chase, killing a northwest suburban teenager,
> > authorities said.
> >
> > Ralph Lewis, 31, was ordered held in lieu of $1.5 million bail, as
> > family members and friends remembered Corey Diamond, 16, of Arlington
> > Heights, who died in the crash, as a passionate musician and friendly
> > leader.
> >
> > "Identity theft--that's how Ralph Lewis lived," said Wheeling Deputy
> > Police Chief John Stone, adding that Lewis' "entire life was a life of
> > crime." Lewis was wanted for violating parole in an unrelated case.
> >
> > At least four Buffalo Grove police cars were chasing Lewis when he ran
> > a red light and crashed a rental van into the Ford Taurus in which
> > Diamond was riding Sunday night in Wheeling, authorities said.
> >
> > (snip)

> > First degree murder at that. Used to be a guy who did this would get
> > off with a manslaughter charge at worst.

> Utter nonsense.
>
> Look up "felony murder".

I know all about felony murder and it's separate from first degree
murder. THINK

Old August 2nd 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Nate Nagel

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...tory?track=rss
>
> Van driver charged in teen crash death
> Mourners honor boy as cops review chase
>
> Published July 26, 2006
>
> A Springfield man whose "entire life was a life of crime" was charged
> Tuesday with first-degree murder for crashing a speeding van into a
> car during a police chase, killing a northwest suburban teenager,
> authorities said.
>
> Ralph Lewis, 31, was ordered held in lieu of $1.5 million bail, as
> family members and friends remembered Corey Diamond, 16, of Arlington
> Heights, who died in the crash, as a passionate musician and friendly
> leader.
>
> "Identity theft--that's how Ralph Lewis lived," said Wheeling Deputy
> Police Chief John Stone, adding that Lewis' "entire life was a life of
> crime." Lewis was wanted for violating parole in an unrelated case.
>
> At least four Buffalo Grove police cars were chasing Lewis when he ran
> a red light and crashed a rental van into the Ford Taurus in which
> Diamond was riding Sunday night in Wheeling, authorities said.
>
> (snip)

> First degree murder at that. Used to be a guy who did this would get
> off with a manslaughter charge at worst.

Oh, yeah, crashing while running from the police is exactly the same as
doing 65 in a 55 like millions of people do every day. Get a grip, Laura.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old August 2nd 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Nate Nagel wrote:
> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>> http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...tory?track=rss
>>
>> Van driver charged in teen crash death
>> Mourners honor boy as cops review chase
>>
>> Published July 26, 2006
>>
>> A Springfield man whose "entire life was a life of crime" was charged
>> Tuesday with first-degree murder for crashing a speeding van into a
>> car during a police chase, killing a northwest suburban teenager,
>> authorities said.
>>
>> Ralph Lewis, 31, was ordered held in lieu of $1.5 million bail, as
>> family members and friends remembered Corey Diamond, 16, of Arlington
>> Heights, who died in the crash, as a passionate musician and friendly
>> leader.
>>
>> "Identity theft--that's how Ralph Lewis lived," said Wheeling Deputy
>> Police Chief John Stone, adding that Lewis' "entire life was a life of
>> crime." Lewis was wanted for violating parole in an unrelated case.
>>
>> At least four Buffalo Grove police cars were chasing Lewis when he ran
>> a red light and crashed a rental van into the Ford Taurus in which
>> Diamond was riding Sunday night in Wheeling, authorities said.
>>
>> (snip)

>> First degree murder at that. Used to be a guy who did this would get
>> off with a manslaughter charge at worst.

> Oh, yeah, crashing while running from the police is exactly the same as
> doing 65 in a 55 like millions of people do every day. Get a grip, Laura

Some details since I know where this crash occured.. road is posted at 35mph,
typical speeds west of that light are ~40mph. Some witnesses claimed a 100mph speed
for the uhaul. I don't think it could go that fast, probably looking at something
more like 70-80mph. Cops are saying 90mph...

The uhaul's 'cab' was bent back into the box. The passenger side of the taurus was
destroyed, pushed in about 2 feet. The front grill of Uhaul was smashed, it also
took out a light pole.

As I mentioned earlier, this is one of two fatal crashes on dundee road that day.
The other one was a 68 year old woman who just spontanously lost control of her
buick at apparently normal, 35-40mph speeds went up on to the side walk and ran down
a family killing a four year old. Perhaps it's the difference between being ignorant
of one's own unsafe driving and doing it for a purpose.

At the heart of both of these incidents is stupidity / incompetence. Both are
treated very differently. The driver of the buick was given two $75 tickets, one for
not remaining in the lane or something to that effect, the other for leaving the
roadway/driving on the sidewalk or words to that effect. The Uhaul driver is charged
with 1st degree murder.

What I fail to understand is why attempted and failed theft was worthy of a police
chase. This new twist of the woman being trapped in the truck is interesting. Of
course another case a woman making poor decisions dating wise... That should settle
it, but cops were chasing before that.

Old August 2nd 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Loco laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE proud graduate fo the South Hampton
institute of Technology polluted rec.autos.driving with this crap:

<link removed>

> Van driver charged in teen crash death
> Mourners honor boy as cops review chase

Too bad it wasn't you that was killed. The world would be a better place
if yo would just die a slow horrible death.

Have A Nice Day in the bathhouse, you faggot.

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend foams like a Bartlo
(and spelling or gramatical errors are left as is):

"Hey - necromancer is a criminal coddler. BTW the article
says 4X and then it says the BAC was .187 which doesn't
make much sense. Not that it matters. Drunk drivers who
kill should get life wo parole."

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/rqvtg
Message
Old August 2nd 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
I am a MO

"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message

> http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...tory?track=rss
>
> Van driver charged in teen crash death
> Mourners honor boy as cops review chase
>
> Published July 26, 2006
>
> A Springfield man whose "entire life was a life of crime" was charged
> Tuesday with first-degree murder for crashing a speeding van into a
> car during a police chase, killing a northwest suburban teenager,
> authorities said.

One less kid on the streets. Good job!

Old August 2nd 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:25:43 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:

>> First degree murder at that. Used to be a guy who did this would get
>> off with a manslaughter charge at worst.
>>

>Oh, yeah, crashing while running from the police is exactly the same as
>doing 65 in a 55 like millions of people do every day. Get a grip, Laura.
>
>nate

And they'll keep right on doing it until we enact harsh penalties for
such deadly criminal behavior. Stop the criminal coddling. You kill
someone by reckless driving and it should always be murder one.

Old August 2nd 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
N8N

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:25:43 -0400, Nate Nagel >
> wrote:
>
> >laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> >>
> >> ------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> First degree murder at that. Used to be a guy who did this would get
> >> off with a manslaughter charge at worst.
> >>

> >Oh, yeah, crashing while running from the police is exactly the same as
> >doing 65 in a 55 like millions of people do every day. Get a grip, Laura.
> >
> >nate

> And they'll keep right on doing it until we enact harsh penalties for
> such deadly criminal behavior. Stop the criminal coddling. You kill
> someone by reckless driving and it should always be murder one.

Reckless driving <> speeding, much as the state of Virginia likes to
pretend otherwise.

nate

Old August 2nd 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
I am a MO

"N8N" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>> On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:25:43 -0400, Nate Nagel >
>> wrote:

>> >Oh, yeah, crashing while running from the police is exactly the same as
>> >doing 65 in a 55 like millions of people do every day. Get a grip,
>> >Laura.
>> >
>> >nate

>> And they'll keep right on doing it until we enact harsh penalties for
>> such deadly criminal behavior. Stop the criminal coddling. You kill
>> someone by reckless driving and it should always be murder one.

> Reckless driving <> speeding, much as the state of Virginia likes to
> pretend otherwise.
>
> nate

It's always these pussy slow minded drivers who whine about speeders. People
who are able to drive fast just laugh as we blow past your retarded asses.