New Video: The Wiregrass Trail

Old June 9th 08, 06:46 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_4_]

Default New Video: The Wiregrass Trail

New video for your roadgeeking enjoyment: GA57 - sometimes referred to
as the Wiregrass Trail - from Ludowici, GA to Eulonia, GA. Of note,
the road passes along the northern edge of the Townsend Bombing Range
and a couple of small bombers (I think they were warthogs, but its
impossible to tell in the video) can be seen passing over the tree
tops.

http://blip.tv/file/975652

Video from GA99 in Eastern McIntosh County, GA and a night time video
experiment from IH4 in Orlando, FL will be forth comming as I can get
them uploaded (the announcement will be made as a reply to this
message). These videos are youtube unfriendly (longer than 10 mins in
length), so they will only be on blip.tv.

--

I am necromancer and I approved this poast.
Old June 9th 08, 07:57 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Jun 9, 1:46*pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> New video for your roadgeeking enjoyment: GA57 - sometimes referred to
> as the Wiregrass Trail - from Ludowici, GA to Eulonia, GA. Of note,
> the road passes along the northern edge of the Townsend Bombing Range
> and a couple of small bombers (I think they were warthogs, but its
> impossible to tell in the video) can be seen passing over the tree
> tops.
>
> http://blip.tv/file/975652
>
> Video from GA99 in Eastern McIntosh County, GA and a night time video
> experiment from IH4 in Orlando, FL will be forth comming as I can get
> them uploaded (the announcement will be made as a reply to this
> message). These videos are youtube unfriendly (longer than 10 mins in
> length), so they will only be on blip.tv.
>
> --
>
> I am necromancer and I approved this poast.

This footage reminds me of the SC Low Country where my wife is from,
an enjoyable ride and the I really liked the tunes.

Jim K. Georges
Old June 10th 08, 01:18 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_4_]

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:46:27 -0400, necromancer
> wrote:

>Video from GA99 in Eastern McIntosh County, GA and a night time video
>experiment from IH4 in Orlando, FL will be forth comming as I can get
>them uploaded (the announcement will be made as a reply to this
>message). These videos are youtube unfriendly (longer than 10 mins in
>length), so they will only be on blip.tv.

As promised here's the other two videos:

http://blip.tv/file/978050

for the GA99 video and

http://blip.tv/file/978222

for the IH4 night video or
as always, you can access all my videos on both blip.tv and screwtube
by going to the worldofnecromancer.org video page at

www.worldofnecromancer.org/video/index.html

--
"Brothers riding around with TV's in the head rest of their cars.
The TV's is on, ain't nobody in the back seat!"
Old June 10th 08, 02:34 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Jun 9, 8:18*pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:46:27 -0400, necromancer
>
> > wrote:
> >Video from GA99 in Eastern McIntosh County, GA and a night time video
> >experiment from IH4 in Orlando, FL will be forth comming as I can get
> >them uploaded (the announcement will be made as a reply to this
> >message). These videos are youtube unfriendly (longer than 10 mins in
> >length), so they will only be on blip.tv.

> As promised here's the other two videos:
>
> http://blip.tv/file/978050
>
> for the GA99 video and
>
> http://blip.tv/file/978222
>
> for the IH4 night video or
> as always, you can access all my videos on both blip.tv and screwtube
> by going to the worldofnecromancer.org video page at
>
> www.worldofnecromancer.org/video/index.html
>
> --
> "Brothers riding around with TV's in the head rest of their cars.
> *The TV's is on, ain't nobody in the back seat!"
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --Chris Rock

Night video is tough, your's was pretty good.

I've found that there are two issues with night video that make it
tricky:

1) You are at the mercy of the highway lighting, the better the
lighting, the better the video, plain & simple and some cities are
better than others as far as that's concerned. Shooting in a big city
with a skyline helps because it gives the picture some perspective.

2) The camera doesn't always seem to focus on what you think it's
supposed to focus on and there's no way to control it that I'm aware
of, just hope for the best.

Question for you: Is Jacksonville lit well enough to attempt filming
it at night?

Jim K. Georges
Old June 10th 08, 05:24 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_4_]

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 18:34:29 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

>Night video is tough, your's was pretty good.

Thanks. For an experiment, I thought it turned out pretty well. I have
some more footage from that run that I'll probablly turn into a
regular production when time permits.

>I've found that there are two issues with night video that make it
>tricky:
>
>1) You are at the mercy of the highway lighting, the better the
>lighting, the better the video, plain & simple and some cities are
>better than others as far as that's concerned. Shooting in a big city
>with a skyline helps because it gives the picture some perspective.
>
>2) The camera doesn't always seem to focus on what you think it's
>supposed to focus on and there's no way to control it that I'm aware
>of, just hope for the best.
>
>Question for you: Is Jacksonville lit well enough to attempt filming
>it at night?

IH95 through the city is. IH295 West Beltway from IH10 south to IH95
should be. IH10 might be and the surface expressways would be hit or
miss.

For a night video, I'd suggest IH95 North through the city. There is a
view of the downtown skyline as you approach the St. Johns River
reflecting off same that is awesome. If you have your assistant with
you, have him pan the camera towards the city for a moment or two when
you cross the St. Johns.

OBTW, the construction over the Trout River is by and large finished.
When I went through there the other day, it was mainly clean up work
being done and there were two fairly straight lanes going over the
river in each direction and the ride was generally smooth.

For rickmastfan67, the BGS's with IH295 East and West Beltway were up,
but I haven't had a chance to ride the east beltway - yet - to see if
the road is still FL9A or IH295.
Old June 10th 08, 03:01 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Jun 10, 12:24*am, necromancer
> wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 18:34:29 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
> >Night video is tough, your's was pretty good.

> Thanks. For an experiment, I thought it turned out pretty well. I have
> some more footage from that run that I'll probablly turn into a
> regular production when time permits.
>
> >I've found that there are two issues with night video that make it
> >tricky:

> >1) You are at the mercy of the highway lighting, the better the
> >lighting, the better the video, plain & simple and some cities are
> >better than others as far as that's concerned. Shooting in a big city
> >with a skyline helps because it gives the picture some perspective.

> >2) The camera doesn't always seem to focus on what you think it's
> >supposed to focus on and there's no way to control it that I'm aware
> >of, just hope for the best.

> >Question for you: Is Jacksonville lit well enough to attempt filming
> >it at night?

> IH95 through the city is. IH295 West Beltway from IH10 south to IH95
> should be. IH10 might be and the surface expressways would be hit or
> miss.
>
> For a night video, I'd suggest IH95 North through the city. There is a
> view of the downtown skyline as you approach the St. Johns River
> reflecting off same that is awesome. If you have your assistant with
> you, have him pan the camera towards the city for a moment or two when
> you cross the St. Johns.

Thanks for the info, if things go well earlier in the day and we get
near JAX at a reasonable hour we may just give that a shot!

Jim K. Georges

Our New Trail 4X4PLAY Jeep 7 October 10th 05 03:47 AM
7/2/05 trail run Carl Saiyed Jeep 0 June 26th 05 06:49 PM
trail rated Rusted Jeep 5 February 19th 05 01:13 PM
Video producer seeking expert for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:37 PM