Would you like this law? - Manatory life in prison for DUIs who kill kids?

Old August 2nd 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

Default Would you like this law? - Manatory life in prison for DUIs who kill kids?

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 02:44:44 GMT, Alan Baker >
wrote:

>1. Playing on the emotionalism of "think of the children" is no way to
>make law.

Nevertheless that's how things are done in america. Until that is,
the kid is harmed by a bad driver. Then americans say - "hey, i'm a
bad driver myself so forget about the kids"
Old August 2nd 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

Please remember that there is a difference between jail and prison.
Yes, both are overcrowded and that needs to be dealt with, but that
does not mean that those who drink, drive and kill should be let off
without at least incarceration. Deaths due to DUIs are just as violent
as any other murder.

Old August 2nd 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

By the way, about the child porn thing, you surely do not believe that
there is no harm to the child do you? Every person who looks at child
porn is hurting that child. It is exploitation, no matter what

Old August 2nd 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
AusWendy

"Motorhead Lawyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Larry Bud wrote:
>> AusWendy wrote:
>> > "Shawn Hirn" > wrote in message

>> > I disagree. If you are out driving with over the legal limit of
>> > alcohol in
>> > your system then it is NOT an accident.

>> Ridiculous. Of COURSE it was an accident, because it wasn't
>> intentional. You and LBMHBF need to look up the definition of
>> "intent".
>>
>> The DUI was intentional, but the crash was not.

> In common terminology, you're correct. However, in legal terms, it is
> now law or precedent almost everywhere in the US that virtually any
> reasonably foreseeable outcome of drunkenness (such as an 'accident')
> will be deemed to be just as intentional as the drunkenness. IOW, if
> you got drunk voluntarily and 'accidentally' crashed, you are deemed to
> have intended to crash.
> --

I agree.

Aus Wendy

Old August 2nd 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
AusWendy

"I am a MO" > wrote in message
m...

> "AusWendy" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Shawn Hirn" > wrote in message
>>
>>> In most cases, those who cause a fatality out on the road have committed
>>> an accident. True, these are horrific accidents, but they're still
>>> accidents.

>> I disagree. If you are out driving with over the legal limit of alcohol
>> in your system then it is NOT an accident.
>>
>> Aus Wendy
>>

> You are an ignorant ****!

OOhhh looks like you are using a keyboard whilst impaired.................
impaired by having too few brain cells.

Aus Wendy

Old August 2nd 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
I am a MO

**** you ****. Go wash that gash out.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
I am a MO

**** you ****!

Old August 2nd 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
I am a MO

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> By the way, about the child porn thing, you surely do not believe that
> there is no harm to the child do you? Every person who looks at child
> porn is hurting that child. It is exploitation, no matter what

They hurt a kid more than killing them does. KFlynn is a child molester.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
I am a MO

**** the little *******s.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.usenet.kooks
I am a MO

"barking pumpkin" > wrote in message
. ..
>I am a MO wrote:
>

>> Do SUV's scare you?

> No. Idiot drivers who don't look where they're going scare me.

So people scare you.