c-4 AC Bolower ? / Please Help

Old June 9th 05, 05:11 PM
'Key

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
. ..
> HD as in High Definition?

nah,
HD as in "high dollar" :-)

--
"Key"

---snip---

Old June 10th 05, 03:49 AM
JG

"'Key" > wrote in message
> "RicSeyler" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> There are doors in the ductwork that open and close to divert air to the
>> vents
>> -vs- to the defroster -vs- to your feet, etc. I think the '84 uses
>> vacuum solenoids
>> to move the doors and a bunch of vacuum hoses under the dash.

> Thank You.
> I will relay this info to my mechanic.
>
> --
> "Key"

My 85 S10 Blazer is doing something similar right now. I put a Mity Vac on
the system and I'm loosing vacuum somewhere in the dash. I know of at least
one vacuum operated diaphram under it and a bunch of lines. I'm sure your
vette has them too.

Old June 10th 05, 04:14 AM
JG

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message . ..
HD as in High Definition?

HD as in Harley Davidson

Old June 10th 05, 02:13 PM
'Key

Thanks for the info.
I am thinking that may be my problem too.

--
"Key"

Old June 10th 05, 04:08 PM
RicSeyler

Ah.... I thought we might have some Home Theater Nuts among us, other
than me. ;-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old June 10th 05, 05:46 PM
Greg

everyone is steering you in the right direction, pull a vacuum on the
system, i you have a leak you can test each pod or use a smoke machine
( used mostly for EVAP problems) to figure out where your leak is.
Greg

Old June 10th 05, 06:03 PM
'Key

"Greg" > wrote in message
> everyone is steering you in the right direction, pull a
> vacuum on the
> system, I you have a leak you can test each pod or use a
> smoke machine
> ( used mostly for EVAP problems) to figure out where your
> leak is.
> Greg

My mechanic said that the blowing can be switched from the
center vents to blow out the defrost vents.
He thinks that if the vacuum was bad it would only blow out
one of the vents and couldn't be switched to blow out
another.

Any thoughts on his line of thinking?
Could he be correct or is he thinking wrong?

--
"Key"

Old June 10th 05, 07:28 PM
Greg

the vacum SORCE is ok, but there are FOUR vacum pods, more than likely
one of the two mode doors. have him look at the vacum diagram. you may
be right, he may just not want to work on your car. if he does not
find some one else!!!! he needs to test each vacum pod at the line
leading to the pod and then if he finds the bad one find out if it is
the pod or the line. Greg (Greg's Garage)
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:03:07 GMT, "'Key" > wrote:

.. .

Old June 10th 05, 10:20 PM
'Key

"Greg" > wrote in message
> the vacum SORCE is ok, but there are FOUR vacum pods, more
> than likely
> one of the two mode doors. have him look at the vacum
> diagram. you may
> be right, he may just not want to work on your car. if he
> does not
> find some one else!!!! he needs to test each vacum pod at
> the line
> leading to the pod and then if he finds the bad one find
> out if it is
> the pod or the line. Greg (Greg's Garage)

Thanks again for the info Greg.
Will see what he says about it.
If he doesn't at least check this all out?
I will try and find another Mechanic.

--
"Key"

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:03:07 GMT, "'Key" >
> wrote:

. ..

Old June 11th 05, 12:45 AM
Greg

your welcome, if you cant get it fixed i will try to help you with it
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:20:04 GMT, "'Key" > wrote:

.. .