1995 Corvette

Old April 4th 05, 09:52 PM

Default 1995 Corvette

I am looking at buying a used 1995 Corvette from The Vette Store in Manton
Michigan. Has anyone had any dealings with them? Good or bad.

Also is 85,000 miles average for a 1995?

Thanks!

Old April 5th 05, 01:31 AM
Zorin Inc.

I just bought my '95 a couple of months ago for $16,000 in Delaware. It had
30,000 miles and was pristine (for me), at least that's what I thought until
I got it on the lift and found a broken rear leaf spring. No problem
though, fixed in an hour (or two) and I'm good to go. I have a BUNCH of
pictures of it in my Yahoo photos. Look at the pics BEFORE the body kit and
that's what it looked like, you can see it was sitting a little low in the
back due to the busted spring.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mshrmstmp/my_photos
Have since put on body kit, did the interior (mostly just cleaning, leather
treating stuff), cleaned corrosion off brakes & rotors, tons of underhood
cleaning and corrosion protection stuff, changed all fluids, etc. Mostly
just cleaning, cleaning, cleaning to get it back to new shape. Hope to have
some money saved when I get back from Iraq to do the LT4 hotcam kit (cam,
roller rockers), and a cat back exhaust, not planning much more for it,
maybe mold the kit.. Try to get it around 13 seconds, shouldn't be too
hard.

.. .

Old April 5th 05, 03:10 PM
Bob G.

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:52:10 -0400, "T" > wrote:

>I am looking at buying a used 1995 Corvette from The Vette Store in Manton
>Michigan. Has anyone had any dealings with them? Good or bad.
>
>Also is 85,000 miles average for a 1995?
>
>Thanks!

======================
Never even heard of the dealer....but that does not mean a darn
thing....

The car is 10 years old.... 8,500 miles per year is way under average
for a normal car....a little more then average for a Corvette however
since they tend to be driven for fun not going to the grocery store...

My 95 will turn over 70,000 miles when I pull her out of the garage...
Personally I could care less if it was 170,000 miles .... I just would
never pay a premium for a low millage car...just not my concern...

Enjoy the car.... Mine has been COMPLETELY trouble free... besides
brakes, and oil...the only thing I needed to replace was the fan belt.

Bob Griffiths
68 SS 396 Chevelle
64 & 72 Corvette Rag Tops
76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes...

2001 Dakota Truck...39,000 on its clock/ or about 8,000 a year
somewhat like the Corvette you asked about,.... I'm retired and its my
daily driver .. I'll start to worry about it in 10 more years

Old April 5th 05, 03:27 PM
Dad

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:52:10 -0400, "T" > wrote:
>

> Enjoy the car.... Mine has been COMPLETELY trouble free... besides
> brakes, and oil...the only thing I needed to replace was the fan belt.
>
> Bob Griffiths
> 68 SS 396 Chevelle
> 64 & 72 Corvette Rag Tops
> 76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes...
>
> 2001 Dakota Truck...39,000 on its clock/ or about 8,000 a year
> somewhat like the Corvette you asked about,.... I'm retired and its my
> daily driver .. I'll start to worry about it in 10 more years

I know that this is being an old **** but that's what I've turned into over
the years. What does your fan belt drive on your 95 Corvette?

Me, I still have a problem calling it a generator instead of an alternator,
but then 2 of my cars have a generator.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old April 5th 05, 08:37 PM
Greg Nettles

might be fun to go to a dealership and ask how much to flash the
generator and to set the dwell.
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:27:13 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:

.. .

Old April 6th 05, 02:57 AM
Bob G

>I know that this is being an old **** but that's what I've turned into over
>the years. What does your fan belt drive on your 95 Corvette?
>
>Me, I still have a problem calling it a generator instead of an alternator,
>but then 2 of my cars have a generator.

==================================
Have no fear "dad"... You can tell by my "Fan Belt" reference that I
also have this same type of problem (a lot of times) and it seems to
be getting worst....

I still think McDonalds Hamburgers sell for 15 cents each...And they
were not the cheapest place in town to buy your date dinner....and
McDonalds did not have a young girl on roller skates deliver your
dinner to the car.....

Yea....I am stuck in the 50's ....

Bob Griffiths
Old April 6th 05, 03:32 AM
Dad

"Bob G" > wrote in message

> Have no fear "dad"... You can tell by my "Fan Belt" reference that I
> also have this same type of problem (a lot of times) and it seems to
> be getting worst....
>
> I still think McDonalds Hamburgers sell for 15 cents each...And they
> were not the cheapest place in town to buy your date dinner....and
> McDonalds did not have a young girl on roller skates deliver your
> dinner to the car.....
>
> Yea....I am stuck in the 50's ....
>
> Bob Griffiths

Ah yes, 2 burgers, fries, a milk shake, and change out of a buck. But then I
used to watch my Dad fill up his model B for that same buck, from a gravity
feed gas pump.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old April 7th 05, 02:31 AM
Scubabix

Thanks for your service. Be safe over in the sand box.

Rob
(Retired USN)

Old April 7th 05, 04:59 AM
Zorin Inc.

Roger that (I'm allergic to bullets!). Hopefully be back next spring some
time. Gonna have to "mothball" my new toy!