"hypothetical" question

Old March 2nd 05, 04:28 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message > >

> .................After reading this entire thread, you're the only one who
> came up with the most obvious and practical solution! He could drain the
> engine and tranny in about 15 min.. but I wouldn't put it back in later.

not true Tim...i spoke my suggestions because i know exactly what he is
trying to do, even without his saying so....the suggestion of draining the
oil and tranny is not practical...would you want to have to add oil and gear
lube everytime you wanted to drive your bug?

Old March 2nd 05, 01:32 PM
Tim Rogers

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "Tim Rogers" > wrote in message > >
> >

> > .................After reading this entire thread, you're the only one

who
> > came up with the most obvious and practical solution! He could drain the
> > engine and tranny in about 15 min.. but I wouldn't put it back in later.
> >

> not true Tim...i spoke my suggestions because i know exactly what he is
> trying to do, even without his saying so....the suggestion of draining the
> oil and tranny is not practical...would you want to have to add oil and

gear
> lube everytime you wanted to drive your bug?

...............I misunderstood the question. I thought that he just wanted to
put it away in storage without getting it out for awhile.

Old March 2nd 05, 01:59 PM
Shag

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:32:33 -0500, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

>"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Tim Rogers" > wrote in message > >
>> >

>> > .................After reading this entire thread, you're the only one

>who
>> > came up with the most obvious and practical solution! He could drain the
>> > engine and tranny in about 15 min.. but I wouldn't put it back in later.
>> >

>> not true Tim...i spoke my suggestions because i know exactly what he is
>> trying to do, even without his saying so....the suggestion of draining the
>> oil and tranny is not practical...would you want to have to add oil and

>gear
>> lube everytime you wanted to drive your bug?
>>

>..............I misunderstood the question. I thought that he just wanted to
>put it away in storage without getting it out for awhile.

Yeah, I worded the question vaguely to try to not give away 100% what
I was up to. Draining the fluids would not be an option. This thread
helped me out with some ideas. I have a couple of possibilities to
try out now. Thanks for the input, y'all!

---
"There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
- Inspector Harry Callahan
Old March 2nd 05, 06:58 PM
tricky

I still thought that the time it takes to drain the oils would be
negligable compared to the frequency of use . I was guessing he wouldnt
use it more than a couple of times a month or so. Whats 15 minutes once
or twice a month ! ?

Rich

Old March 2nd 05, 07:20 PM
Joey Tribiani

"tricky" > wrote in message
> I still thought that the time it takes to drain the oils would be
> negligable compared to the frequency of use . I was guessing he wouldnt
> use it more than a couple of times a month or so. Whats 15 minutes once
> or twice a month ! ?

depends on the person i guess....i personally don't have alot of time to
spare....whenit comes to the draining of the fluids, its not just time, its
storage, ect..do you try to re-use or go broke? if so, storage becomes a
problem too...not that it matters, shag will do what is best for him...he
just needed food for thought...

Old March 2nd 05, 09:02 PM
John Willis

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:20:15 -0500, "Joey Tribiani" >
scribbled this interesting note:

>"tricky" > wrote in message
>> I still thought that the time it takes to drain the oils would be
>> negligable compared to the frequency of use . I was guessing he wouldnt
>> use it more than a couple of times a month or so. Whats 15 minutes once
>> or twice a month ! ?
>>

>depends on the person i guess....i personally don't have alot of time to
>spare....whenit comes to the draining of the fluids, its not just time, its
>storage, ect..do you try to re-use or go broke? if so, storage becomes a
>problem too...not that it matters, shag will do what is best for him...he
>just needed food for thought...

He wouldn't have this problem if he hadn't bought that house in an
area with a HOA!:~(

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old March 2nd 05, 10:00 PM
David

John Willis wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:20:15 -0500, "Joey Tribiani" >
> scribbled this interesting note:

> He wouldn't have this problem if he hadn't bought that house in an
> area with a HOA!:~(

I was going to leave that alone as to not remind him of his horror of living in that yuppy neighborhood. :-)
David

Old March 2nd 05, 11:49 PM
Shag

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:02:06 -0600, John Willis
> wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:20:15 -0500, "Joey Tribiani" >
>scribbled this interesting note:
>

>>"tricky" > wrote in message
>>> I still thought that the time it takes to drain the oils would be
>>> negligable compared to the frequency of use . I was guessing he wouldnt
>>> use it more than a couple of times a month or so. Whats 15 minutes once
>>> or twice a month ! ?
>>>

>>depends on the person i guess....i personally don't have alot of time to
>>spare....whenit comes to the draining of the fluids, its not just time, its
>>storage, ect..do you try to re-use or go broke? if so, storage becomes a
>>problem too...not that it matters, shag will do what is best for him...he
>>just needed food for thought...
>>

>He wouldn't have this problem if he hadn't bought that house in an
>area with a HOA!:~(

heh heh
I'm more worried about having this stuff outside from idiot
neighborhood kids than from idiot neighborhood rules. And when the
weather is nice I plan on using "it" 4-5 days a week at least. :-)

---
Old March 3rd 05, 02:34 AM
Joey Tribiani

"John Willis" > wrote in message

> He wouldn't have this problem if he hadn't bought that house in an
> area with a HOA!:~(

its a nice neighborhood, but does not *look* like a "hood" with an over the
top HOA....seen several junk vehicles in the neighborhood...no wait, that
was the jeep and Gary's wagon.... nevermind...<G>

Old March 3rd 05, 04:14 AM
John Willis

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:34:57 -0500, "Joey Tribiani" >
scribbled this interesting note:

>"John Willis" > wrote in message
.. .

>> He wouldn't have this problem if he hadn't bought that house in an
>> area with a HOA!:~(
>>

>its a nice neighborhood, but does not *look* like a "hood" with an over the
>top HOA....seen several junk vehicles in the neighborhood...no wait, that
>was the jeep and Gary's wagon.... nevermind...<G>

With friends like these....