MD/Tape Input on Radio

Old July 29th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
AlanRab

Default MD/Tape Input on Radio

Can I somehow use the MD/Tape input on the Radio/CD Changer that came
standard with my '03 SE as an input for an MP3/WMA player instead? If
so, is there an input jack behind the head unit that I can easily access
for such purposes?

Alan
Old July 29th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

AlanRab wrote:
> Can I somehow use the MD/Tape input on the Radio/CD Changer that came
> standard with my '03 SE as an input for an MP3/WMA player instead? If
> so, is there an input jack behind the head unit that I can easily access
> for such purposes?
>
> Alan

A definite maybe. If this company ever actually gets moving on its new
product or makes another batch of its old one you could.

http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old August 3rd 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alex Postpischil

AlanRab wrote:
> Can I somehow use the MD/Tape input on the Radio/CD Changer that came
> standard with my '03 SE as an input for an MP3/WMA player instead? If
> so, is there an input jack behind the head unit that I can easily access
> for such purposes?
>
> Alan

There is at least one, maybe more, aftermarket iPod integration
companies that use the MD/Tape input for the iPod interface. I can't
remember the name (scour the miata.net forums for info) since I put a MD
player in and needed that input! The iPod interface I opted for uses the
CD changer input... There's not a true input jack (no 1/8" stereo or RCA
jacks), it's a multi-pin slot. There are wiring diagrams floating around
on the net is you searcha bit. Of course, if you can wait until the
2007 model you'll be able to get iPod integration from the factory (most
mazda models - announced today by Apple)...
-alex-
Old August 4th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
AlanRab

Alex Postpischil wrote:
> AlanRab wrote:
>> Can I somehow use the MD/Tape input on the Radio/CD Changer that came
>> standard with my '03 SE as an input for an MP3/WMA player instead? If
>> so, is there an input jack behind the head unit that I can easily
>> access for such purposes?
>>
>> Alan

> There is at least one, maybe more, aftermarket iPod integration
> companies that use the MD/Tape input for the iPod interface. I can't
> remember the name (scour the miata.net forums for info) since I put a MD
> player in and needed that input! The iPod interface I opted for uses the
> CD changer input... There's not a true input jack (no 1/8" stereo or RCA
> jacks), it's a multi-pin slot. There are wiring diagrams floating around
> on the net is you searcha bit. Of course, if you can wait until the
> 2007 model you'll be able to get iPod integration from the factory (most
> mazda models - announced today by Apple)...
> -alex-

Thanks for the idea, Alex. I think I'll dump my '03 SE for an '07 so I
can get a factory-integrated MP3-player connection! Just need help in
convincing my wife! (Seriously, I'll do some scanning on miata.net,
thank you!)

Alan