blue smoke on startup

Old July 17th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
TB

Default blue smoke on startup

My friend's 5-year-old Saab95 burps blue smoke on startup. I asked if
he has taken it to the shop to check it out, but he said it's ok
because it's a turbo, and turbo often does that.

Do you agree? I'm not 100% sure....

Any ideas?

TB

Old July 17th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
why, me

TB wrote:
> My friend's 5-year-old Saab95 burps blue smoke on startup. I asked if
> he has taken it to the shop to check it out, but he said it's ok
> because it's a turbo, and turbo often does that.
>
> Do you agree? I'm not 100% sure....
>
> Any ideas?
>

> TB

probably a bushing starting to go. common on SAAB turbos. will
eventually be a problem. Check some of the SAAB groups.
Old July 26th 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nicik Name

"TB" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> My friend's 5-year-old Saab95 burps blue smoke on startup. I asked if
> he has taken it to the shop to check it out, but he said it's ok
> because it's a turbo, and turbo often does that.
>
> Do you agree? I'm not 100% sure....
>
> Any ideas?

dont know this type from adam but in general this indicates bad valve guides

Old July 26th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"Nicik Name" > wrote in message
.net...

> "TB" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > My friend's 5-year-old Saab95 burps blue smoke on startup. I asked if
> > he has taken it to the shop to check it out, but he said it's ok
> > because it's a turbo, and turbo often does that.
> >
> > Do you agree? I'm not 100% sure....
> >
> > Any ideas?

> dont know this type from adam but in general this indicates bad valve

guides

Your post brought up some flashbacks about some turbo's burping out a little
blue
smoke on startup. As mentioned, this is often a symptom of bad valve guide
seals,
but I believe I have heard the turbo implicated as well.