VW service in North Georgia

Old March 7th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default VW service in North Georgia

I am searching the grop for my son, who has a 1999 Passat. It needs
timing belt change, headlight aiming, and general maintenance.

He prefers not to be reamed by a dealer.

Thanks,

Dave Miller

Old March 7th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

addendum:

I am searching the GROUP, and my email is: daflexx at mchsi dot com

Old March 7th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Gee, Dave, if he can't find a good VW mechanic, have him take it to
the local Studebaker dealer <G>

Ron

7 Mar 2006 13:19:49 -0800, "South Ga. '61 HAWK"
> wrote:

>addendum:
>
>I am searching the GROUP, and my email is: daflexx at mchsi dot com

Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6)
1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk)
1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley)
1973 Volvo 1800 ES (Hyacinth Bucket)
Old March 8th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

South Ga. '61 HAWK wrote:
> I am searching the grop for my son, who has a 1999 Passat. It needs
> timing belt change, headlight aiming, and general maintenance.
>
> He prefers not to be reamed by a dealer.

Good luck Dave.

I live in Western South Carolina. Getting work done on our 99 Passat
usually means 50 miles to the dealer. No one 'round here will touch it.
Keep talking about not having the "special" tools.

I just got the Haynes manual and an OBD reader so maybe I can do some of
the basic stuff myself. It looks a lot harder than work on my Toyota was.

Bob
Old March 8th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Shouldn't need to go to the dealer to get reamed!

oups.com...