needing just a little clarification plz......

Old March 17th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default needing just a little clarification plz......

Hello, my questions today are these......I just switched my 65 typ1 to
12v and have and alternator with just a B+ and a d+. Is this an
internally regulated alternator?
my next queston is this.........there is a big red wire on both sides
of my engine. The one of them on the right goes to the starter I think
and the other one I believe is coming from the ignition switch also
there is a small green wire coming from where the one on the left is
coming from and this is the d+ I think because it turns on the gen
light when I connect it to the d+ terminal on the alternator......I
just want to be real sure I'm not screwing anything up as I haven't
sone a lot of these conversions.......
If the alternator is not an internally regulated alternator could I
please get some input on how to install the non-existent voltage
regulator?
Thank-you
~^*^~

Old March 17th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

thank-you
also my starter stays on when I turn off the switch...any suggestions?
or really fool proof wiring diagrams?
~^*^~

Old March 17th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

also I forgot to ask should the ignition switch, battery positive lead,
and alternator B+ all be on the solenoid post on the starter?

Old March 20th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Had the same problem recently. I had to pull the wires out of the ignition
to get it stopped. Then I hot wired it to get home. Replaced the
electrical unit at the bottom of the ignition switch; worked wonders. Runs
and stops fine now.

Fweem.

Dave

--