93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Cranks, But No Start

Old February 25th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Cranks, But No Start

does it have a remote start or aftermarket alarm???

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 26th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

>DougWSnow did pass the time by typing:
>
>The only reason the alarm could go off while using the key in the
>drivers (or tailgate) is that the disarm switch has died. There is a
>mechanical switch attached to the back end of the key core.
>
>If the horn ain't beeping the alarm/engine kill/ isn't active.
>
>You can also put the alarm in test mode.
>With the driver door open, Turn the ignition
>off-acc-off-acc-off-acc
>
>Now every time you open/close a sensor the horn will beep.
>Test all the doors and the hood
>Turn the ignition on and it will beep
>Turn the key in the door (disarm) and it will beep
>Same thing for the tailgate (the other disarm switch)
>etc..
>
>To disable test mode just turn the ignition to RUN
>then use the remote to arm/disarm the system.

Ran a alarm/security test and found a few things...
1.) Alarm works, horn sounds.
2.) Neither passenger door engages alarm.
3.) Driver door does not engage alarm
4.) Tailgate does not engage alarm.
5.) ONLY rear driver door engages alarm.
6.) Hood engages alarm.

So 1 out of 4 doors (5 if you include rear gate) actually sets off the
alarm in test mode. The hood sets it off as well.

The original rear gate door was damaged in the accident and replaced.
We opened it up yesterday to find a number of things out of place or
broken. The rear door will NOT lock/unlock with the seucity fob. Nor
does it seem to lock using the key(s).

The rear windshiel washer motor is not working and, unfortunately,
quite a bit of the plastic is broken, especially the screw eyelets on
everything from the thrid brake light to all around the flashing.

The replacement door is definitly from a different year. My jeep is a
'93 GC Limited and I know from 93-95 there was no rear wiper arm
support. This door has a rear wiper arm support. Anyone know what year
those started?

I do not know tha alarm wiring (factory alarm). Could this be shutting
down the jeep? Areall these doors linked in the wiring?

I have had NO luck getting the "Check Engine" light to come on at all
so far this weekend.

~Casper
<Jeepers... It's a Jeep thing!>
Old February 27th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

In message <Tx1Mf.69454$bF.4794@dukeread07>, "DougW" wrote:

>DougW did pass the time by typing:
>> Casper did pass the time by typing:
>>>
>>> Oh, the only two engine codes that show up are 12 and 55. I've been
>>> checking those about every three to four days and no changes.
>>> Unfortunately I do not have an ODBC checker to connect to my PC.. tho
>>> I am giving it some serious thought as of late. Thanks again!

>> The 93's diagnosic system is OBD-III, not OBD-III compliant, so the

>oops.. the 93 is OBD-II, not III

Wrong again. 93 would be OBD-I

Old February 28th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

FYI...

Spent all weekend running more tests and nada. Now the bloody thing
won't turn on the dash light at all. Not sure if the colder weather
has any effect. Going to try and get it to nearby Autozone (if I can)
and they can run hardcode tests. Maybe something will show up there.

Peeked inside tailgate and some things are a definite mis-match, not
to mention the door won't lock/unlock with either the key or remote.

Bodyshop is stumped and looking for a new tailgate.
I'm still waiting on a return call from them. Go figure.

Yep.. 93' is OBD-I

~Casper
<Jeepers... It's a Jeep Thing!>
Old November 25th 14, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
My jeep

replying to DougW , My jeep wrote:

Hi, My jeep has the same issues....same noise from the starter and fuel pump
relays..........have u found a solution to this yet...please advise??

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/jeep/re-9...art-87291-.htm

jeep grand wont start Mike Romain 4x4 0 December 30th 05 04:09 PM
99 jeep cherokee won't start bllsht Jeep 1 August 20th 05 08:35 PM
87 jeep cherokke wont start when hot tonysjeeps 4x4 0 August 13th 05 10:10 PM
Jeep dont want to start, please help B Pilon Jeep 13 April 14th 05 12:47 PM
96 Passat GLS. Starter cranks but engine won't start elms88 VW water cooled 9 April 7th 05 12:33 PM