buy new or used

Old January 30th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default buy new or used

my wife has a new job, will drive upwards of 600 miles/week local
travel.

current car is not a honda

we know better now.

Considering a used civic or a new hybrid civic. Could anyone suggest
which might be more economical

if we financed car, it would be for 3 years (or less). The hybrid we
saw yesterday was around $25000k in cincinnati.

Old January 31st 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> Don't buy a new car for this kind of thing. The depreciation will kill
> you. It just doesn't make sense.

peace of mind. if youre starting out with a 0 mile car and taking care
of it, youll know itll last. depreciation isnt really a factor if youre
going to use the car up anyway.
Old January 31st 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

new honda> IMO.

--
G-man422
G-man422's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=351285

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old January 31st 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I just traded in a 2003 Civic with 18,302 miles and the dealer is
asking $14,000 for it. For not much more you could buy a new one. To
save any real money on a Honda you need to go +5 years old.

Old February 1st 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I appreciate the opinions. I was referred here from
misc.financial.planning

I'd like to see the numbers more than just read opinions.

I have priced the civic hybrid at $25,000
what does a gas civic cost new?

is their a mileage comparison based on experience?

if car is going to be used for lots of traveling, why would I want a
Lexus or other car which depreciates quickly?

we do plan to drive car for YEARS. preferably 10-15.

Old February 1st 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "bakechad" > wrote:

>>save any real money on a Honda you need to go +5 years old.

> Yes--even with Accord.
>
> Same goes for Toyota.
>
> But for some reason, the Lexus ES--same size as Camry--depreciates
> FASTER.
>
> So you buy used, get a *great* deal, AND you get a car that's built
> better than either Accord or Camry.

So does the same thing applies for Acuras? Do they have better build
quality but yet faster depreciation?

Kevin