F1 Challenge 99-02 problem

Old April 26th 05, 01:47 PM
Mikko Ämmälä

Default F1 Challenge 99-02 problem

Hello!

During practices/quals/warmup, if I start telemetry sub-software and after
returning to the game, the interface won't allow me to change anything
(setups etc). Mouse-clicking just does not work at all and only thing I can
do is to quit or advance to the next session (where again nothing works in
set-upping). The problem stops if start completely start the game again.

Why is that? Anyone coping with similar problems? Any solution? Had no
problems with earlier F12002.

..mikko

Old April 26th 05, 11:56 PM
Mikko Ämmälä

"Dave Henrie" > kirjoitti viestissä
7.136...
> "Mikko Ämmälä" > wrote in
> :
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > During practices/quals/warmup, if I start telemetry sub-software and
> > after returning to the game, the interface won't allow me to change
> > anything (setups etc). Mouse-clicking just does not work at all and
> > only thing I can do is to quit or advance to the next session (where
> > again nothing works in set-upping). The problem stops if start
> > completely start the game again.
> >
> > Why is that? Anyone coping with similar problems? Any solution? Had no
> > problems with earlier F12002.
> >
> > .mikko

> If you have a mouse with a spinner wheel for scrolling, try clicking on
> that while in the menu screens. I sometimes get a similar thing where the
> mouse pointer moves around but doesn't highlight the icon it's on top of.
> A quick click of the mousewheel (mine acts like a button as wheel as a
> wheel) usually brings the desired result and I can once again click on the
> on-screen icons.
>
> dave henrie

Thanks. I will try it!

..mikko

Old April 27th 05, 03:12 PM
Mikko Ämmälä

"Dave Henrie" > kirjoitti viestissä
7.136...
> If you have a mouse with a spinner wheel for scrolling, try clicking on
> that while in the menu screens. I sometimes get a similar thing where the
> mouse pointer moves around but doesn't highlight the icon it's on top of.
> A quick click of the mousewheel (mine acts like a button as wheel as a
> wheel) usually brings the desired result and I can once again click on the
> on-screen icons.
>
> dave henrie

Unfortunately did not work. Problem related to mouse drivers perhaps?

..mikko

Old April 27th 05, 03:54 PM
Dave Henrie

"Mikko Ämmälä" > wrote in
:

> "Dave Henrie" > kirjoitti viestissä
> 7.136...
>> If you have a mouse with a spinner wheel for scrolling, try
>> clicking on
>> that while in the menu screens. I sometimes get a similar thing
>> where the mouse pointer moves around but doesn't highlight the icon
>> it's on top of. A quick click of the mousewheel (mine acts like a
>> button as wheel as a wheel) usually brings the desired result and I
>> can once again click on the on-screen icons.
>>
>> dave henrie

> Unfortunately did not work. Problem related to mouse drivers perhaps?
>
> .mikko

dang... prior to F1c, I used to have lots of problems with the
telemetry and graphic tearing. I'd run some laps, go to the telemetry
screens, and then when I came back the screen would be flashing and some of
the textures would be missing or mis-shaped. For those problems, I had to
completely exit the sim and restart, just as you do with the mouse
problems.
Since I switched from Nvidia video cards, I have not had those graphic
issues. The lost mouse focus is still there, (wireless USB mouse) but, as
I said, merely clicking on the wheel button brings it back.
Thats all I have. Anyone else?

dave henrie
Old April 29th 05, 05:27 AM
Alan Le

> dang... prior to F1c, I used to have lots of problems with the
> telemetry and graphic tearing. I'd run some laps, go to the telemetry
> screens, and then when I came back the screen would be flashing and some

of
> the textures would be missing or mis-shaped. For those problems, I had to
> completely exit the sim and restart, just as you do with the mouse
> problems.
> Since I switched from Nvidia video cards, I have not had those graphic
> issues. The lost mouse focus is still there, (wireless USB mouse) but, as
> I said, merely clicking on the wheel button brings it back.
> Thats all I have. Anyone else?

Just a thought... have you tried Alt-Tab? I know it --looks-- like the
game's in the foreground, but....

I have a similar problem everytime I first launch F1C. The game's running
fullscreen and everything looks right, but I have to Alt-Tab to actually
interact with it using the mouse or keyboard. Doubt it'll work, but it's
worth a shot!

Alan