Tire Pressure

Old May 6th 05, 11:41 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message
news:HgRee.61059$c24.11331@attbi_s72...
> i agree with you on the balloon being irrelevant, that was a spin by

dan
> > try and save face, did not work....BUT according to dan my tires should
> > explode when i drive down the road...they have a MAXIMUM rating of

> 50psi....
> > and he says that you can never have more than that...i can gurantee you

> that
> > when i drive down the road the tires heat up and the pressure goes up a

> few
> > pounds...then add the weight and according to Dan i should be on my rims

> by
> > now....
> >

> Bwah! ha! ha! ha!
>
> Now you're hallucinating!

are you saying you did not say the following:?:

>Who are you trying to BS? Of course the tire pressure goes up as the load
>increases. You're talking nonsense.

>Since you don't think tire pressure goes up as the load goes up you
>definitely don't know what you're talking about.

>If I air up my tires to the car manufacturer's recommended pressures and
>then I put 400 pounds of people in the car obviously the tire pressure goes
>up.

be careful before you deny it because google archived it....

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1543213d?hl=en

i wish to challenge it....and i suggest anyone that doesn't believe me when
i say the pressure will be the same to do so themselves...its pretty simple
to prove you wrong in this instance....and i have....

picture one....my 68 type 1 with the tire jacked off ground(note Marlboro
pack under tire for show)

http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/1.jpg

same tire, now on the ground....at least that 400 pounds you speak of, yes?

http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/2.jpg

rear tire, same car, same side.....in the air...same cigarette pack for show

http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/3.jpg

same rear tire, now on ground....i'd say more than 400 pounds of weight have
just been placed on it....

http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/4.jpg

>If I air up my tires to the car manufacturer's recommended pressures and
>then I put 400 pounds of people in the car obviously the tire pressure goes
>up.

as the mythbusters would say......"BUSTED"....

now go **** yourself you ****-for-brains....are you Billybadass in desguise?

Old May 7th 05, 01:34 AM
Shag

On Fri, 6 May 2005 18:41:28 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
wrote:

>"Dan Smith" > wrote in message
> > i agree with you on the balloon being irrelevant, that was a spin by

>dan
>> > try and save face, did not work....BUT according to dan my tires should
>> > explode when i drive down the road...they have a MAXIMUM rating of

>> 50psi....
>> > and he says that you can never have more than that...i can gurantee you

>> that
>> > when i drive down the road the tires heat up and the pressure goes up a

>> few
>> > pounds...then add the weight and according to Dan i should be on my rims

>> by
>> > now....
>> >

>> Bwah! ha! ha! ha!
>>
>> Now you're hallucinating!
>>

>are you saying you did not say the following:?:
>
>>Who are you trying to BS? Of course the tire pressure goes up as the load
>>increases. You're talking nonsense.

>>Since you don't think tire pressure goes up as the load goes up you
>>definitely don't know what you're talking about.

>>If I air up my tires to the car manufacturer's recommended pressures and
>>then I put 400 pounds of people in the car obviously the tire pressure goes
>>up.

>be careful before you deny it because google archived it....
>
>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1543213d?hl=en
>

>i wish to challenge it....and i suggest anyone that doesn't believe me when
>i say the pressure will be the same to do so themselves...its pretty simple
>to prove you wrong in this instance....and i have....
>
>picture one....my 68 type 1 with the tire jacked off ground(note Marlboro
>pack under tire for show)
>
>http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/1.jpg
>
>same tire, now on the ground....at least that 400 pounds you speak of, yes?
>
>http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/2.jpg
>
>rear tire, same car, same side.....in the air...same cigarette pack for show
>
>http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/3.jpg
>
>same rear tire, now on ground....i'd say more than 400 pounds of weight have
>just been placed on it....
>
>http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/4.jpg
>
>>If I air up my tires to the car manufacturer's recommended pressures and
>>then I put 400 pounds of people in the car obviously the tire pressure goes
>>up.

>as the mythbusters would say......"BUSTED"....
>

>now go **** yourself you ****-for-brains....are you Billybadass in desguise?

Say it ain't so! I'm a little slow, but I think what this all means
is that dan was just wrong all along and was pretty rude about being
wrong. He just yap yap yapped a lot of crap and then when he realized
he was wrong he tried to back-pedal and say clever things like
"lighten up." dan, do me a favor and just realize one thing. I care
whether you like me or not exactly the same amount as you care whether
I like you or not. Get it? ps- You were wrong all along, ass-monkey.
Now follow your own advice: lighten up.
http://railadventures.dyndns.org/funny/ImpressKirk.jpg

"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old May 7th 05, 02:13 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Shag" > wrote in message
ps- You were wrong all along, ass-monkey.
> Now follow your own advice: lighten up.
> http://railadventures.dyndns.org/funny/ImpressKirk.jpg

don't hold your breath waiting for dan to admit he is full of it....but he
knows....

this is for him:

http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Owned-DogEatCat.jpg

Old May 7th 05, 03:08 AM
Dan Smith

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "Lorem Ipsum" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> >
> > > go to google...read the thread again...i am pretty tired of repeating
> > > myself
> > > over and over so you ****sticks can nitpick....i even stated that the
> > > pressure INSIDE The balloon would increase *initially*....but it

> stretches
> > > and has a NET GAIN of NOTHING....

> > Gain of nothing because it burst! At the moment before the burst, the
> > pressure was higher than before.
> >

> get you a balloon with a schrader valve and show us.....

Why? So you can come up with lame assed excuse why it's wrong after it
proves you wrong?

Old May 7th 05, 04:27 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> Why? So you can come up with lame assed excuse why it's wrong after it
> proves you wrong?

nope...but funny you should say that....since it has been an hour and a half
since you replied to *this* you should have read the other responce i
posted...the one that blew your ass out of the water...yet no reply....i
guess you ran off....i don't blame ya....amateur....

Old May 7th 05, 04:29 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> Why? So you can come up with lame assed excuse why it's wrong after it
> proves you wrong?

come on Dan...you are letting me down....where is your witty retort(ahem,
lame excuse) why your theory was bull****....oh wait....i know why...because
it was....too bad you can't man up....oh well...catch ya in about 8 months
when you come back...that seems to be the pattern....

Old May 7th 05, 04:51 AM
ilambert

Tire pressures on race car are important for performance reasons.Inflation
affects slip angles,stagger,rolling resistance as well as traction in both
planes.Street tires have a max inflation figure(measured cold) than is well
on the safe side.Even exceding this by 10 or 15 # won't lead to catastrophic
failure(but don't try this at home).More dangerous is underinflation on a
heavy vehicle.This causes heat and belt seperation(remember Firestone/SUV
problems?

Old May 7th 05, 05:01 AM
Joey Tribiani

"ilambert" > wrote in message
> Tire pressures on race car are important for performance reasons.Inflation
> affects slip angles,stagger,rolling resistance as well as traction in both
> planes.

I used to put 70psi into my race tires(hoosier) and put them in the sun to
"grow" them to the size i needed for the proper stagger for my car....my
qualifying pressures were 8-10psi higher than the start of the race
pressures....i miss those days...i should build me up another BMW for the
track...

Old May 7th 05, 03:15 PM
Lorem Ipsum

I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but it reminds me of news
articles many years ago where people were killed inflating or installing
truck tires on "split rims". The rim or something exploded. What was that
all about?

Old May 7th 05, 04:40 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Lorem Ipsum" > wrote in message
> I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but it reminds me of news
> articles many years ago where people were killed inflating or installing
> truck tires on "split rims". The rim or something exploded. What was that
> all about?

split rims are as the name implies, split...usually two pieces but sometimes
three..(center section and outter "beadlocks"...)....they are used on heavy
equipment....very dangerous to the tire installer(can fly apart and severly
injure or kill the person inflating/assembling them)....do a google search
and you will have more than you ever cared to know, i'm sure...