BMW 525i 94 sedan rear driver side door wont open

Old December 23rd 07, 10:56 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default BMW 525i 94 sedan rear driver side door wont open

Advice need:

BMW 525i 94 the rear driver side door will not open. It does not seem
to have any connection to the lock from the outside or inside
handles. The lock actuator is making a noise like it is working
properly, but even when I manually put the cable to open the door
nothing happens.

I want to know how I can release the lock by working on it from inside
the door itself. I can reach the lock with my hand but don't know
what to do. Don't know if there is a release lever/button or
something in there to release the locking mechanism.

Any advice out there on how to release/open a seized locking mechanism
on a BMW driver side rear door.......NOTE: I have the door panel and
vapor barrier off already
Old December 27th 07, 08:14 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Vollebregt, M

Hello,

I've got this also, the plastic central locking mechanism on top of the lock
wear out. Simply replace, with new ones(<100 euro/piece at that time), by
clicking them from the top.

Best regards,
Marcel, '92 525i @ 358xxx km.