Changing Wiper Motors

Old December 8th 05, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Changing Wiper Motors

I have a 93 YJ that I would like to change the wiper motor to allow the
blades to come all the way down. Has anyone done this? Can it be done?

Thanks,
A new Jeep owner

Old December 8th 05, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Basically it can't be done.

Well... if you are an engineer and have a full machine shop to make up
custom linkages maybe anything 'can' be done but so far I have never
heard of a 'fix' that works.

One gent on another group was offering some fancy linkage piece that he
said would work on CJ's, but when push came to shove he couldn't put out
a product that worked it would seem. I was going to test it for him.
He gave up and never contaced anyone again.

You get used to it pretty fast.....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Aug./05 http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2120343242

Old December 8th 05, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

try this web site they have what you want.

http://riptech.net/cgi-bin/ps_intl.c...sdbi/home.html

Old December 8th 05, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I looked at this page once, but balked at buying anything called "Wipe Boy".

Earle

Old December 8th 05, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yup, that sure looks like the same bozo that refused to send me a kit
when I told him who I was and how active I was on the newsgroups.

I believe we decided the new wiper arm will jam up the works which will
destroy the windshield frame. It 'for sure' will do that on most
aftermarket CJ windshield frames....

I was willing to try it and do a write up. He didn't like that idea...

This was a few years back, maybe he has made it work now, I don't know
or he is still just fishing for as many suckers he can get before the
word gets out?

Old December 8th 05, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

They are for girlie Jeeps.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 8th 05, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Real Jeeps have wipers that don't lay flat. (Actually, real Jeeps have
wipers that are top mounted. No, wait, real Jeeps have one vacuum
operated, top mounted wiper that doesn't work and one manually operated
top mount wiper that is used for passenger exercise.)

Anyway, flat wipers look bad. Keep what you have.

Anybody know of a kit that will lift the TJ wipers up like they should be?

Old December 9th 05, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Why fight it? You know that everything starts to sag as it gets
older...

--
Will Honea
Old December 10th 05, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I dunno Bill, with a name like Wipe Boy, I'd be wondering if
they are not for the San Francisco version of "girlie" Jeeps.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed: