Hemi Challenger

Old September 27th 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Default Hemi Challenger

Les Benn wrote:

> lol a measly 5.4L Ford engine (probably out of a lawnboy mower) even with a
> blower will be a dog compared to a Hemi Challenger with the new 6.1L Hemi
> Challenger and besides Ford can only build about 30 of the GT500 Shelbys a
> year. Dodge will eat them for lunch in sales. How many guys/gals do you know
> that are willing to buy a GT500 for 22K dealer markup over the 47K sticker?
> Mustang is all decoration. Dodge will rule again with the Hemi.Well at least
> There will be lots of mustangs on Dodge used car lots in 2008.

If you're still using the GT500 as a comparison I'd say you're under
an incorrect assumption, especially if the 6 litre is as disappointing
as the the 5 litre hemi.

--
"Wow, I want a billion Dollars and a pet monkey!" - Dale Jarrett

"Paul's vocabulary is rather large, but
most of the words have no meaning in English" - Joe Canuck

"Too bad it wasn't "personality theft"...you'd be immune." - Herb Tarlek
Old September 28th 07, 01:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_75_]

WindsorFox > wrote in
:

> Les Benn wrote:
>
>> lol a measly 5.4L Ford engine (probably out of a lawnboy mower) even
>> with a blower will be a dog compared to a Hemi Challenger with the
>> new 6.1L Hemi Challenger and besides Ford can only build about 30 of
>> the GT500 Shelbys a year. Dodge will eat them for lunch in sales. How
>> many guys/gals do you know that are willing to buy a GT500 for 22K
>> dealer markup over the 47K sticker? Mustang is all decoration. Dodge
>> will rule again with the Hemi.Well at least There will be lots of
>> mustangs on Dodge used car lots in 2008.
>>

> If you're still using the GT500 as a comparison I'd say you're
> under
> an incorrect assumption, especially if the 6 litre is as disappointing
> as the the 5 litre hemi.

So WF, tell us how either of the current Hemi engines are
"disappointing".

BTW, if you're simply rounding up the 4.7 Hemi to 5 liters and rounding
down the 6.1 to 6, why not just round down the Ford 5.4 to 5 liters as
well? Or why not call the Mustang 4.6 a "5 liter"?
Old September 28th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Joe" > wrote in message
> WindsorFox > wrote in
> :
>
>> Les Benn wrote:
>>
>>> lol a measly 5.4L Ford engine (probably out of a lawnboy mower) even
>>> with a blower will be a dog compared to a Hemi Challenger with the
>>> new 6.1L Hemi Challenger and besides Ford can only build about 30 of
>>> the GT500 Shelbys a year. Dodge will eat them for lunch in sales. How
>>> many guys/gals do you know that are willing to buy a GT500 for 22K
>>> dealer markup over the 47K sticker? Mustang is all decoration. Dodge
>>> will rule again with the Hemi.Well at least There will be lots of
>>> mustangs on Dodge used car lots in 2008.
>>>

>> If you're still using the GT500 as a comparison I'd say you're
>> under
>> an incorrect assumption, especially if the 6 litre is as disappointing
>> as the the 5 litre hemi.

> So WF, tell us how either of the current Hemi engines are
> "disappointing".
>
> BTW, if you're simply rounding up the 4.7 Hemi to 5 liters and rounding
> down the 6.1 to 6, why not just round down the Ford 5.4 to 5 liters as
> well? Or why not call the Mustang 4.6 a "5 liter"?

Round whatever the hell you want, your Mexican Hemi, no matter the
displacement can't hold a candle to Fords 32 valve supercharged 5.4 liter.
Period...

Old September 28th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

My Name Is Nobody wrote:
> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> WindsorFox > wrote in
>> :

>>> If you're still using the GT500 as a comparison I'd say you're
>>> under
>>> an incorrect assumption, especially if the 6 litre is as disappointing
>>> as the the 5 litre hemi.

>> So WF, tell us how either of the current Hemi engines are
>> "disappointing".
>>
>> BTW, if you're simply rounding up the 4.7 Hemi to 5 liters and rounding
>> down the 6.1 to 6, why not just round down the Ford 5.4 to 5 liters as
>> well? Or why not call the Mustang 4.6 a "5 liter"?

> Round whatever the hell you want, your Mexican Hemi, no matter the
> displacement can't hold a candle to Fords 32 valve supercharged 5.4 liter.
> Period...

I don't have any reason to reply to any of his posts, but someone
should inform him that the smaller hemi is not 4.7 litres and doesn't
hold a candle to a Nissan 5 litre either, even without a blower.

Old September 29th 07, 01:52 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Vaughn

You mean rounding down the 5.7L. The Chrysler 4.7L OHC isn't labelled as a
Hemi.

Old September 29th 07, 03:15 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Sep 26, 9:33 pm, daytripper > wrote:

> >> But doesn't the Challenger look remarkably like the old Barracuda?

> >Not at all.

> >http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...nswers.com/mai...

> Well, duh - so you managed to find a first gen model - the one model that
> decidedly has no resemblance to the Challenger concept car.

Well, sorry, when I think _old_ Barracuda, I naturally think first
gen. And because I like them better. I like their quirky styling and
trim size/weight. With a 340 mill, they're awesome little street
machines.

Patrick

Old September 29th 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

wrote:

>>> Not at all.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...nswers.com/mai...

>> Well, duh - so you managed to find a first gen model - the one model that
>> decidedly has no resemblance to the Challenger concept car.

> Well, sorry, when I think _old_ Barracuda, I naturally think first
> gen. And because I like them better. I like their quirky styling and
> trim size/weight. With a 340 mill, they're awesome little street
> machines.
>
> Patrick

Quirky, is that what you call it? Cute... P

Old September 29th 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Oh, you're just being a slanderous *******.

> even with a
> blower will be a dog compared to a Hemi Challenger with the new 6.1L Hemi
> Challenger

I like the new Hemi. But I don't see how you've come to this
conclusion. The 6.1 SRTs only run about 108 in the 1/4. The GT500s
run an easy 110. (And do we want to add the GT500KRs and KR Super
Snakes?) Or are you betting because the Challenger is going to be a 2-
door that it'll be lighter. I say don't bet on it. I think we'll be
lucky if it's south of 3,900.

> and besides Ford can only build about 30 of the GT500 Shelbys a
> year.

You're just a little bit off. Total production for the 2007 GT500's
came to 10,844 units with 8,150 of those being coupes and 2,694 being
convertibles. If only you would have added 2 more zeros and then
about 7,000 to your number, you would have been right there.

> Dodge will eat them for lunch in sales. How many guys/gals do you know
> that are willing to buy a GT500 for 22K dealer markup over the 47K sticker?

And you think you're going to get a Challenger for anything close to
sticker the first year? Rrrrrriiiiiggggghhhhttttttt....lol

> Mustang is all decoration.

It is, if you first remove the 500 HP motor.

> Dodge will rule again with the Hemi.

Dodge will be lucky if it's still alive in 5 years. (And Ford is
hardly in any better shape.) I say we should be extremely happy
they're even making the Challenger and GT500/Mustang.

> Well at least
> There will be lots of mustangs on Dodge used car lots in 2008.

Considering the Mustang hasn't missed a model year since '64, I'll
stay in the Champ's corner. What's our Challenger's history, again?

Patrick

Old September 29th 07, 04:43 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

> wrote in message
oups.com...

<snip>

> You're just a little bit off. Total production for the 2007 GT500's
> came to 10,844 units with 8,150 of those being coupes and 2,694 being
> convertibles.

<snip>

No kidding?

That surprises the hell out of me. It's absolutely amazing that dealers are able
to ask (and receive) so much "blue sky" on these cars, with those numbers. It
must be the "Shelby" emblem bringing in all the folks that P.T. Barnum told us
about.

/raising glass/ Here's to the possibility that '08 will have as many produced.

John C. (MSRP...or bust)
'03 Cobra (improved)

Old September 29th 07, 10:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

"John C." > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
> <snip>
>>
>> You're just a little bit off. Total production for the 2007 GT500's
>> came to 10,844 units with 8,150 of those being coupes and 2,694 being
>> convertibles.

> <snip>
>
> No kidding?
>
> That surprises the hell out of me. It's absolutely amazing that dealers
> are able
> to ask (and receive) so much "blue sky" on these cars, with those numbers.
> It
> must be the "Shelby" emblem bringing in all the folks that P.T. Barnum
> told us
> about.
>
> /raising glass/ Here's to the possibility that '08 will have as many
> produced.
>
> John C. (MSRP...or bust)
> '03 Cobra (improved)

You sound a little bitter.

Brad
1993 SVT

Hemi Challenger Les Benn[_2_] Dodge 132 October 16th 07 06:49 PM
Autos 1969 - 1977 ] [150de467] - 1970 Dodge Challenger Hemi(2).jpg (6/6) yvonttycomprendre Auto Photos 0 September 15th 07 11:09 PM
Last ones - File 129 of 139 - 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger RT plum crazy fvl.jpg (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 31st 06 08:31 AM
Last ones - File 128 of 139 - 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger RT plum crazy Engine.jpg (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 31st 06 08:30 AM
REPOST (By req): Gilmore Auto Museum - Sep 05 - 1970 Dodge Challenger R-T Hemi - fvr.jpg (1/1) Roadsign[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 22nd 06 02:09 PM