finding HOT 12v wire ?

Old March 22nd 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ron

Default finding HOT 12v wire ?

I've got a 2002 honda crv-ex and i took apart the glove box and need
to find a hot 12v wire to tap into to power a fm modulator, how would
i find this? is this just the red wire i see among all the green
yellow black wires?

thanks

Old March 22nd 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Ron" > wrote in news:1174576498.602917.282460
@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> I've got a 2002 honda crv-ex and i took apart the glove box and need
> to find a hot 12v wire to tap into to power a fm modulator, how would
> i find this? is this just the red wire i see among all the green
> yellow black wires?

You use a multimeter.

If you do not have a multimeter and are asking this sort of question, you
should NOT be trying to perform this feat. You run a high risk of frying
something expensive.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old March 22nd 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"Ron" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I've got a 2002 honda crv-ex and i took apart the glove box and need
> to find a hot 12v wire to tap into to power a fm modulator, how would
> i find this? is this just the red wire i see among all the green
> yellow black wires?

You find it by using a multi-meter. But you don't find it there. Find it
as the fuse panel and run a fresh line to where you need it. Make sure to
put an appropriate sized fuse within 6 inches of where you tap power.

finding a short DruG VW water cooled 5 January 5th 06 06:12 AM
Finding TDC on 94 accord Matt Honda 2 April 20th 05 07:43 PM
Help finding vehicle Don 4x4 5 October 9th 04 03:51 AM
I need help finding a 67 Firebird. Dexter411 Antique cars 1 July 16th 03 04:11 PM